This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

kanepower's PSV Ultimate Save File

#1skeithxthPosted 10/8/2012 12:25:36 AM(edited)
...It's awesome, it is EVERYTHING it says it is. But there is one GLARING flaw with it and i'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue...

...I can't use magic. At all. No. Really. This save file starts you out with EVERYTHING in the game (including all of the magic), and ALL of it works. And yet...I absolutely CAN'T use ANY of the magic spells, individually. I'm not even being given the option to choose magic attacks, infact.

I've pressed every button on the "magics and techniques" option and ALL i'm given the ability to use is techniques (i.e. - gil throw, etc.) There is NO magic spells menu and I cannot find a way to access it. At all with this save file.

Is there something i'm missing, here? Should I be using VinceTheBone's save file, instead? Does that one ALLOW me to use magic? Because kanepower's is NOT letting me use spells or giving me the option to even go into the spell menu whatsoever. Even though the game CLAIMS in other menus that I own every single spell in the game. They even work when it comes to Gambits, infact.

But using them individually via the selection menu is a no-go as it simply will NOT let me into that menu. Only the Techniques one.

Is there something i'm missing?

EDIT: Also yes, I have all the magic bought out on the license board. So it's not an issue of it just not being able to be used because I haven't purchased it on the board yet. I have completed the entire board and can do EVERYTHING but use magic attacks.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#2Machines_Of_DogPosted 10/8/2012 12:59:02 AM
you have all the spells but because they have not been bought from shops they can't be used (for some reason)

however, because you have them all, you can't buy them

the only work around i heard of was to use gambits to cast
---
"No-one tries to kill me and gets away with it..."~ Kliamgroq
#3skeithxth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:02:35 AM
Machines_Of_Dog posted...
you have all the spells but because they have not been bought from shops they can't be used (for some reason)

however, because you have them all, you can't buy them

the only work around i heard of was to use gambits to cast

Ah, so that's the issue. I see. What a weird way to prevent cheating in the game on Square's part. To lock out magic use for those who hack it into the game from the start. Clever.

Really, it wouldn't irritate me at ALL if it weren't for the fact that some of the optional bosses and whatnot use moves that completely resist physical attacks (called a physical paling). Pretty much forcing you to use magic until that wears off. I could just wait for it to go away on it's own and win that way, but IIRC, some bosses (correct me if wrong) also outright don't even let you use physical attacks AT ALL during the fight (as a gimmick of sorts), and HAVE to be taken out via magic. I suppose I can resort to Gambits in that case, but it IS a tad irritating as i'm quite sure not even the Zodiac Spear is going to pierce through a "magic only" perma-physical-paling fight.

But it's good to have an answer. Though it seriously makes no sense given the game DOES register you as having all of the magic but not letting you ever use it outside of Gambits. So...I can only assume ANY save that claims to have all the magic gained from the start will NOT ever let you manually use magic during the run then, eh?
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#4Machines_Of_DogPosted 10/8/2012 6:46:18 AM
skeithxth posted...
What a weird way to prevent cheating in the game on Square's part.

i'm sure it was not intended

Really, it wouldn't irritate me at ALL if it weren't for the fact that some of the optional bosses and whatnot use moves that completely resist physical attacks etc.

use gambits (easier for casting anyway IMO) or just use gil toss

I can only assume ANY save that claims to have all the magic gained from the start will NOT ever let you manually use magic during the run then, eh?

dunno about saves but...

you might be very interested in this thread:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/459841-final-fantasy-xii/58554346

should be able to make a far more perfect start with the editor...
---
#5Machines_Of_DogPosted 10/8/2012 6:53:27 AM
just noticed that somebody asked if the kanepower save can be fixed with the editor

here was the creator's response:

@BleakHarvest
I think my editor can fix that if you deactivate and reactivate any Quickening or Esper license for a character (in the editor), this should update the Battle Menu variable, which will add the Magicks command into it again.
There are tools, which can convert from .psv format into .psu format (which is compatible with the editor), but I have no idea how to convert from .psu back into .psv file. :(

dunno if that helps
---
#6JolosGhostPosted 10/10/2012 2:20:09 PM
The reason it works that way is because actually purchasing the spell from the shop triggers a flag that makes the spell available for use.

Bypassing that flag was obviously never intended, so when kanepower gamesharked his game, he probably didn't think twice about it.