This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate this game so much?

#1WebsandWigsPosted 11/13/2012 12:57:51 PM
Im looking at the reviews on here and there are a lot of 6 and below. Is it just because of the battle system and weak story? I haven't played it yet
#2ShinGoukenPosted 11/13/2012 1:09:37 PM
Butthurt fanboys who wanted more of the same crap SE have been spewing out since they started making games?

That's a little harsh... FF as a series has never been perfect but most of them are ok. But seriously, FF fanboys want their melodramatic characters, overblown stories and just plain weird crap they're used to. When in reality, FFXII took the series in a much better direction with the level of detail, a more realistic cast of characters and a more grounded plot (mostly).
---
FFXII Perfect game Inventory at 2400+ Hours - http://youtu.be/ALZMH7lvLdE
#3ImpVengeancePosted 11/13/2012 1:28:39 PM
Continuing to read the reviews might offer hints as to why a reviewer hated the game. It will be difficult to find as accurate a representation as that on the board of the game.

I suspect that some did not like the alteration of the battle system. Some did not like the general oeuvre of the story. Some did not find the characters engaging. Some might have wanted something a bit more Manichean like the previous Final Fantasies. Hard for me to say. I like all of the Final Fantasy games, at least those from the flagship series. I appreciate the different direction this game went in.
---
The Wizard is my Autobiography.
#4Morpheus51Posted 11/13/2012 1:39:32 PM(edited)
I think people just became too attached to the older games, and when FF XII was released they expected it to follow the same formula. I personally don't have a problem with the changes and, in my opinion, they were extremely refreshing and well needed.

I love the older games, but this one blew me away in terms of scale, presentation, the side quests and the general atmosphere.
#5Destroyer_MagePosted 11/13/2012 1:44:32 PM
Because haters eat poop :O
---
Because I could not stop for death,it kindly stopped for me.
Currently playing Sleeping Dogs.Sleeping Dogs is a true gem and more people should play it :)
#6Mr HangmanPosted 11/13/2012 6:29:58 PM
On Gamefaqs it's the #3 PS2 game and the #57 game across all systems, having been in the top 100 since its release. People don't hate this game.
---
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune
#7CzarcasmPosted 11/13/2012 7:47:49 PM
Because they have bad taste.
#8MonkeySeraphPosted 11/13/2012 9:32:17 PM
weak story attempts to bring MMO experience offline with no proper Job system(this is even more ludicrous when you take into account this takes place in Ivalice)

great game but I can definitely see why people would have problems with it.

also spell queue
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#9Machines_Of_DogPosted 11/14/2012 3:30:10 AM
w/e

i've played MMOs and see absolutely no relationship between this game and any MMO i have played.

also there is a job system - international zodiac job system - clue is in the name...

also, from my point of view, FFX was far more different to the previous titles than FFXII.... the only thing that changed in XII was the scrapping of random encounters which is a actually great...

the reason people hated FFXII was because they are FFX fangurls... they hate FFX-2, FFVIII and all the other decent titles too cuz they only love Tidus...
---
"No-one tries to kill me and gets away with it..."~ Kliamgroq
#10ShinGoukenPosted 11/14/2012 8:31:52 AM
Machines_Of_Dog posted...
w/e

i've played MMOs and see absolutely no relationship between this game and any MMO i have played.

also there is a job system - international zodiac job system - clue is in the name...

also, from my point of view, FFX was far more different to the previous titles than FFXII.... the only thing that changed in XII was the scrapping of random encounters which is a actually great...

the reason people hated FFXII was because they are FFX fangurls... they hate FFX-2, FFVIII and all the other decent titles too cuz they only love Tidus...

Did you just call FFVIII decent o_O
---
FFXII Perfect game Inventory at 2400+ Hours - http://youtu.be/ALZMH7lvLdE