This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate this game so much?

#31Fa1nTyPosted 11/16/2012 2:23:42 PM
Because they are ignorant.

No FF game is bad. Not one. Some have flaws, some have a lot of flaws.

But if you consider them bad, it is only because you are ignorant of what truly bad RPGs are.

I have played a few hundred over all systems and some of them are so bad you won't be able to find almost anything fun about them.

If you cannot find anything fun in a FF game, it's because you are close minded and want it to be bad, like a lot of people treat FFX-2. I
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#32reno385Posted 11/16/2012 3:16:43 PM
I agree with the notion that Tidus and Vaan aren't all that whiny given their situations. Also, I don't get why people complain about the lack of job system either. All the pieces for a job system are there, you just have to coordinate it yourself. Personally I think that's much more fun than a stricter job system a la FF3 because it lets you make your own jobs and character roles. If all your characters play the same way it's because you deliberately made it that way.

I'll admit that given you don't know what licenses are out there until you do some guesswork it might lead to you giving someone a white magic license when you were looking for black magic, but for the most part you have an idea of where you want to go.
#33RevenantThingsPosted 11/16/2012 5:33:22 PM
People are actually quite fond of this game...
---
What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day - Wiegraf, FFT:tWotL
#34Moeman_Posted 11/17/2012 8:16:14 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
_NeroZero_ posted...
I really laughed at this because

1. FFX is one of my favourite FFs
2. FFX-2 is one of my favourite FFs
3. FFXII is *copypasta* one of my favourite FFs.

This. I feel so ostracized in this fanbase.

My top three FFs are XII, XIII, and X-2 and according to FF fanbase logic, that shouldn't be possible...
---
She lives. You just can't keep a good Moon Princess down.
#35theofficefan99Posted 11/17/2012 9:29:41 PM(edited)
Because of the weak story and cast of characters, mostly.

Plus, on the first playthrough, there are a LOT of annoying dungeons.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#36WebsandWigs(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 10:29:32 PM
51793Moeman posted...
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
_NeroZero_ posted...
I really laughed at this because

1. FFX is one of my favourite FFs
2. FFX-2 is one of my favourite FFs
3. FFXII is *copypasta* one of my favourite FFs.

This. I feel so ostracized in this fanbase.

My top three FFs are XII, XIII, and X-2 and according to FF fanbase logic, that shouldn't be possible...

Are you for real? Though I agree 13 was better than the angry fanboys led me to believe.
#37Moeman_Posted 11/18/2012 12:30:35 AM
WebsandWigs posted...
Are you for real? Though I agree 13 was better than the angry fanboys led me to believe.

Yeah! I know that they all have very different feels but that's what I like about them.

tl;dr ahead.

For one, XII's world and lore are gorgeous, and it has my absolute favorite Final Fantasy cast. I love how if you don't feel like battling, you can just put down the controller and let gambits do the work. The seamless battle transitions feel real, and the dialogue is witty and the story is craftily written.

The same goes for XIII: the mythos and environments are wonderful, if poorly executed, and combat is also very fun. You may think this sounds crazy, I kind of... like the fact that there isn't much to do. There's so much missable crap in some JRPGs, so many frustrating mini-games. FFXIII is kind of a junk food or really high-quality frozen meal for me. I know there's better out there and that this doesn't have much in the way of nutrients (content), but I don't regret a thing since I'm doing this for a stress-free "feel good" time.

On X-2, I personally resonated with Yuna as a narrator rather than Tidus, and getting 100% was, for the most part, easier than just one of FFX's mini-games, especially getting the Celestial Weapons. The three girls kicked ass and Spira was more lively and interesting than it was in the previous game due to the sense of thriving and changing. The worst part of X-2 was its musical score; let's just say I would've been okay f it had reused X's with the exception of a few themes.
---
She lives. You just can't keep a good Moon Princess down.