This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should i lvl everyone or just pick three and go with them?

#1SheenaTheWomanizerPosted 11/19/2012 4:37:42 AM
So I am not very far into the game but so far I have been trying to lvl up everyone equaly. Am I handycapping myself? Is it better just to pick three and just lvl them?
---
Gamer Tag: JasonPogo
And since experience has been the mistress of whoever has written well, I take her as my mistress, and to her in all points make my appeal
#2Vince40Posted 11/19/2012 5:14:41 AM
Lvl all of them. There are no handicaps
---
I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Queens Of The Stoneage
#3falconesquePosted 11/19/2012 9:33:18 AM
Question gets asked very regularly, maybe even weekly. Loads of opinions already posted can be found, if you're curious. Varied topic titles can make it hard to search, however, so set your board options to display lots of topics and skim through a page or two. You'll find a few related topics in no time.

On your first playthrough? Level everyone, but pay a moderate amount of attention to Vaan while he's running solo. No handicaps.

Or pick three and run through the game, strictly following the story on your first pass. Then if you enjoyed yourself, worry about mixing it up on a second playthrough. Main handicap is that there are places you can run through if you have enough viable bodies to take the brutality, using one after the other. Low-level bodies cain't take much of a lickin' and rarely keep on tickin'. (And making them durable is challenge material, not for a first time.)
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#4Machines_Of_DogPosted 11/19/2012 11:42:54 AM
Strategy > Equipment > Levels

certainly no need to level more than 3.... one levelled char is enough to be God... in fact, a solo level 1 char can be pretty frickin uber by comparison to 90% of his foes...
---
"No-one tries to kill me and gets away with it..."~ Kliamgroq
#5StarBladeEdgePosted 11/19/2012 2:04:37 PM(edited)
''Levels + Equipment + Strategy = Win ''

i level everyone equally. everything else is noob imo.all 6 at lv 99 ! best you can do. best equipment and ( if you want ) strategys.

i personally hate srategy. so i just pump my characters soon.kill everything hard.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=fvwrel Proud user of the korean sackflash move in ttt2 !
#6FooFightersFanPosted 11/19/2012 4:50:21 PM
I'll point out some pros and cons of leveling all 6 characters so you can decide:

Pros:
-If one of your characters goes down, you can swap them out with another one that is just as good.
-You can make use of more types of weapons since you can spread your characters around the license board.
-You don't have to look at the same three people for the entire game.

Cons:
-You're missing out on slightly higher hp and other stats than if you only used 3.
-You'll have to plan more carefully with assigning quickenings.
-If you like certain characters over others, you'll have to sit them out here and there.

Personally, I just used Vaan, Ashe, and Balthier because they were my favorite characters. You're not handicapping nor benefiting yourself much by making either choice.
#7Machines_Of_DogPosted 11/20/2012 4:11:30 AM(edited)
StarBladeEdge posted...
i level everyone equally. everything else is noob imo.all 6 at lv 99 ! best you can do. best equipment and ( if you want ) strategys.

i personally hate srategy. so i just pump my characters soon.kill everything hard.

i think we know who the noob is

certainly isn't me....

here is a little demonstration:

my knowledge of FFXII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your knowledge.....

noob.

---
"No-one tries to kill me and gets away with it..."~ Kliamgroq
#8hikagesanPosted 11/20/2012 1:02:41 PM
everyone has their own opinion, just like...... well you know :) I usually level everyone to 50 and them pick 3 to run up higher for going after the serious marks and espers. 50 just so I get that in the Sky Pirates Den, plus at 50 if you need to switch anyone in, they wont get immediately sputched.
---
purity is almost always toxic
#9Fa1nTyPosted 11/20/2012 2:11:53 PM
People's opinions are trivial.

The FACT is that the game is not difficult to beat completely (including Yaizmat) with just 3 characters and the rest at level 2 or 3.
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#10WebsandWigsPosted 11/20/2012 5:25:18 PM
Fa1nTy posted...
People's opinions are trivial.

The FACT is that the game is not difficult to beat completely (including Yaizmat) with just 3 characters and the rest at level 2 or 3.

This