This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having trouble grabbing Dustia's loot? Not anymore you won't!

#1mega_mouse_fartPosted 12/4/2012 9:25:32 AM
Okay, so if you're like me, you may of had some trouble grabbing Dustia's loot while chaining him using the Zoning Glitch.

He'd never spawn close enough to the line for me and even by using the "x" pause trick to let the loot drop, I'd still be cutting it really close. Here's a trick that's working really well for me. I haven't seen anyone else post it so here goes guys-

Set battle speed in config menu to slowest. Buy 99 or as many PDs as you can. Go get Dustia to spawn (Westersands, 10% Hp for any party member will trigger him. Be SURE you're right next to a a place where you can zone out quickly. Lead him to the zone out line and leave. Come straight back.) Position Vaan or whoever your party leader is right at the edge of the ZONE OUT LINE. Use a PD on him as soon as you can see his health bar appear. AS SOON AS YOU ARE DONE SELECTING PD AND TARGETING DUSTIA, PRESS DOWN ON THE D-PAD. This will pause the game, letting you choose a new leader. Choose whoever is not your current leader, duh. Common sense tells you this should be whoever is nearest Dustia at the moment who isn't the current leader. Now, make this character run straight up to Dustia. Press X. If the loot doesn't appear and drop, depress and press again, meaning only milliseconds of gametime should pass. If still nothing, this means no loot for this kill. If loot does drop, depress X, run over the loot, press D-PAD down, if there was no loot just depress X and press D-PAD down. Either way the outcome went, choose whoever the last leader was, the one right next the line for Zoning out. Immediately exit. Return, repeat from the beginning of the tutorial.

There ya go!
#2GmanPosted 12/4/2012 9:33:13 AM
Awesome, but I think most people farm Dustia solo with Vahn at the beginning of the game. I suppose this could be done with Penelo when she temporarily joins, but that's a small window.
#3mega_mouse_fart(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:11:43 AM
I never use Penelo much anyway so I wasn't worried about getting her into the party at a low level.

But yeah, this method is mainly for chaining for gil, not for powerleveling.
#4Machines_Of_DogPosted 12/4/2012 11:20:53 AM
a) it is ludicrous to ever have more than one person on field while chaining dustia

b) the tried and tested (for a great number of years before you came here) method works fine and is far less complicated than w/e you are going on about
---
"No-one tries to kill me and gets away with it..."~ Kliamgroq
#5mega_mouse_fart(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:32:16 AM
Machines_Of_Dog posted...
a) it is ludicrous to ever have more than one person on field while chaining dustia

b) the tried and tested (for a great number of years before you came here) method works fine and is far less complicated than w/e you are going on about

Passive aggressive much? Truly my method is not so complicated that you cannot understand it, for if that were the truth, this game and it's plot would too be far beyond your grasp of comprehension.

Anyway, this is pretty easy. It takes about 5 to 10 seconds per kill (not including zoning time.) You only need one extra party member. You're guaranteed to nab every piece of loot Dustia drops without having to save and reload due to not zoning out quick enough thus not breaking your chain.

You do the math big dawg. If Dustia is dropping 3 or 4 Orgains a drop, how many PDs will it take to get 99 Orgains?

PDs cost 250 gil. Orgains sell for 500, or if you're lucky, Dustia will drop some Flame Staffs, which sell for about 1000.

Having a merchant only two zones away means you can make some serious cash within a half an hour to hour. I made nearly 200,000 in one hour doing this. Once you get the button sequence down it goes really fast.

Don't hate on a guy trying to help ya out. They got a word for that. Trollololo----l
#6TakanitPosted 12/4/2012 1:23:24 PM
zone in

back up a little near the zoneline so dustia appears closer to it

throw PD when health bar appears

press X as soon as it lands so you can see if loot dropped and give it time to get to the ground

grab loot and zone out
#7ShinGoukenPosted 12/4/2012 2:28:05 PM
mega_mouse_fart posted...
Passive aggressive much?

That's our MoD <3

As for you, real men chain him solo and learn to do it properly without all that messing around.

I don't see anyone else having problems chaining him <_<
---
FFXII Perfect game Inventory at 2400+ Hours - http://youtu.be/ALZMH7lvLdE
#8TakanitPosted 12/4/2012 3:25:53 PM
TC's idea isn't bad, just unnecessary

it can help someone who's having problems picking up the loot fast enough, but it's more of a crutch than an actual solution. you're better off practicing the most efficient method instead.

also, if you do mess up and take too long to zone out, you don't have to lose anything. just run to the giza plains and come back, he'll respawn normally and you'll have the same chain level
#9dfugate1Posted 12/5/2012 9:51:12 AM
Never leave zone first.Unless your finger slips off the button or something like that.If you have to miss a loot, just get the next one.
#10prince_leoPosted 12/8/2012 11:04:29 PM
mega_mouse_fart posted...
Passive aggressive much? Truly my method is not so complicated that you cannot understand it, for if that were the truth, this game and it's plot would too be far beyond your grasp of comprehension.

What the hell at this sentence
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you