This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy X producer hints at Final Fantasy 12 HD remake

#1Dark_PlaceboPosted 6/17/2013 4:46:31 AM
nuff said

http://30lives.net/final-fantasy-x-producer-hints-at-final-fantasy-12-hd-remake/?fb_source=pubv1
---
"The only thing that makes you alive in this world is because you have the POWER to cease all existence more powerful than you."
#2LitanePosted 6/17/2013 5:19:50 AM
Well I hope the FFX/X-2 remaster is a huge success then. I want. I want so much.....
---
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live..
#3stawg007Posted 6/17/2013 5:52:59 AM
Me too, I never got to play this so a ps3 HD version or a vita version would be awesome
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#4ThamauturgePosted 6/17/2013 6:08:48 AM
Crap, now I have to buy the FFX HD Remaster.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD 10 Star Ranking, Ratchet Collection, The Last of Us------- PSN: Thamauturge
#5Ecclesiastes273Posted 6/17/2013 6:14:54 AM
I already have this **** on PS2, like I already had last gen's remake **** on the SNES/Playstation. Give me a new game with a design philosophy that's not related to Kingdom Hearts. FFS.
---
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite
#6Immortal_MooPosted 6/17/2013 8:30:23 AM
I would love a HD remake, the PS2 version looked very bleh with Low Res and no Anti Aliasing
---
Steam/PSN/Wiiu- theimmortalmoo
Mobo- Maximus V Forumla CPU - i7-3770k O.C. 4.4ghz | SDD- Samsung 840 Pro 256GB RAM - GSkill 16 GB GPU - EVGA GTX 680 4GB
#7Moeman_Posted 6/17/2013 8:57:10 AM
*presses face into screen*

Basch in HD? For the love of f***, everyone buy copies of FFX | X-2 HD!!! I'll do my part. Begrudgingly.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#8ajmrowland1Posted 6/17/2013 8:54:57 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
I already have this **** on PS2, like I already had last gen's remake **** on the SNES/Playstation. Give me a new game with a design philosophy that's not related to Kingdom Hearts. FFS.

way to overexaggerate the amount of remasters. They're not using more than a few people at a time on any of these PS3 "remakes" and the only reason they're being remastered is so that they can keep releasing them. One of many reasons a FFVII remake was never gonna happen was because it was already possible to put the game on PSN while working on new games without having to deal with the coding complications of the PS2 emulator developed for PS3.

And do you really hate Kingdom Hearts' gameplay to actually not want FFVX to have it? Or is it because KH is a "kiddy" series that most nine year olds don't wanna play for the sake of appearing mature?
#9Ecclesiastes273Posted 6/18/2013 1:41:30 AM(edited)
ajmrowland1 posted...
Ecclesiastes273 posted...

way to overexaggerate the amount of remasters. They're not using more than a few people at a time on any of these PS3 "remakes" and the only reason they're being remastered is so that they can keep releasing them. One of many reasons a FFVII remake was never gonna happen was because it was already possible to put the game on PSN while working on new games without having to deal with the coding complications of the PS2 emulator developed for PS3.

And do you really hate Kingdom Hearts' gameplay to actually not want FFVX to have it? Or is it because KH is a "kiddy" series that most nine year olds don't wanna play for the sake of appearing mature?

The remakes and ports have been going on since the Playstation. I'm not talking about FFX/XII HD specifically. I'm talking about the three copies of VI I have on three platforms, or the three copies of IV, or the two copies of I, or the two copies of V, and this was before The After Years and PSP versions of various game that I never got into. I bought them because my SNES cartridges were becoming harder to play, my SNES was dying, and for the advantage of portability. Those perks stop existing for me once we get to HD remasters of PS2 games.

I like Kingdom Hearts. Love it even, once I disregard most of the story of any game not named 1, CoM or 2. But if I want to play KH, I'll play KH. Versus/XV looks to be a great game should it ever get on a store shelf, but the lack of representation for RPGs that aren't related to KH or XIII is beginning to wear on me. Keep KH elements in KH, and be done with XIII's saga already.

I have FFXII in my PS2 as I type this. I'm not begrudging the fact that these remasters exist. They'll make money, and people who didn't get them the first time around will be buying copies. On the flip side, I sure as hell don't have to be interested in them.

EDIT: And why is anyone who dares criticize more recent FF/S-E games implied to be anti-action? What made FF games what they were from 1-12 had a lot more to it than ATB. Holy hell.
---
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite
#10RhadamantisZEROPosted 6/18/2013 5:59:45 AM
This is the most exciting peace of news from SE this year!
---
The science of video games