black screen problem

#1jones652Posted 1/10/2008 6:24:20 PM
i havent played this for a long time, and i tried playing again and it went to the main menu and froze. so after restarting the computer, i tried again and it went to the black screen before the main menu and froze. it does this every time, so i tried re-installing, but that didnt help, so i noticed the disc is badly scratched, so i took out an expansion that i never used so its in perfect shape, and i installed that expecting to play through that, and it does the same thing. what should i do? (i dont want to play it so badly that im gunna spen money for a new copy)
---
"Its bringing peace! Kill it!"
-Cyber Akuma Zero
#2dellwizPosted 1/11/2008 11:05:54 PM
Hmm, may be a virus. Try scanning before anything. Did the game work fine before? If so, after you scan for viruses, try defragmenting the hard drive. If it has never worked, you may be using a computer which is not compatible with the game. A video card upgrade is probably the best solution to that problem.
#3jones652(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2008 11:18:03 AM
it worked fine before, i already scanned for viruses and idk what to do next
---
-Cyber Akuma Zero
#4jones652(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2008 6:16:52 PM
anyone know what i can do to fix it?
---
-Cyber Akuma Zero
#5dellwizPosted 1/15/2008 7:15:29 PM

Wow, sounds like a serious problem. If you haven't already, reinstall the game. Otherwise, I'd contact EA Tech Support, or whoever made this game.

#6jones652(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2008 3:46:09 PM
i already said i tried reinstalling it
---
-Cyber Akuma Zero