This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

(Spoilers) Can you kill Kishuna on 23x genisis?

#11Sword_Demon66Posted 4/15/2010 8:28:53 PM
Hey AHS, no closed ended replies, K?
---
THE JEWS!!!
If I had a hole in my throat, I'd put pennies in it! ~Chris Griffin.
#12__AHS__Posted 4/15/2010 10:29:23 PM
You asked and I answered. I'm not going to put more effort into answering a question that I can answer in one word.
---
Sexism is wrong, and being wrong is for women.
#13Chubsy01Posted 4/16/2010 4:31:36 AM
IIRC, the game freezes whenever he's attacked, so it doesn't matter if he dies or not.
---
Stealing is wrong. Have your thieves repent by promoting into assassins.- Kiwi
#14Tate_SurroPosted 4/16/2010 5:31:38 AM

IIRC, the game freezes whenever he's attacked, so it doesn't matter if he dies or not.

??? No.
---
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3352 3514 4258 Tate <3
I'm not the best, but I love pokemon! E>
#15Distant_RainbowPosted 4/16/2010 5:55:57 AM
^^
Lolbadromz. Learn to play... WITH THE ACTUAL THING!!!
---
Prozium - As long as it's not forced, and if one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.
#16Chubsy01Posted 4/16/2010 6:29:17 AM
No, I play on a real GBA cartridge. I might be wrong, but I remember that many people, including myself, had an issue with the game freezing when Kishuna is attacked in Genesis.

Here's how I remember it:

He is not intended to be attacked since he runs away when you open the door. Attacking when he moves to a wall, attacking with a longbow, or attacking with a long-range magic tome causes a scenario unintended by the game programmers, which causes the game to freeze.
---
Stealing is wrong. Have your thieves repent by promoting into assassins.- Kiwi
#17Distant_RainbowPosted 4/16/2010 6:43:12 AM
(Puts on monocle)

Gentlemen, has the phenomenon spoken of by my colleague just above me ever been documented, reported or mentioned in any past circumstances? My ears have never been acquainted with such information before.
---
Prozium - As long as it's not forced, and if one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.
#18CyberSDPosted 4/16/2010 7:27:41 AM
That's a lie. Saying he was never meant to be attacked is a false statement that you just made up.

If you had glitched through the wall to hit him - then that would be an example of him not being intended to be attacked.

By your logic, Kishuna wasn't meant to be attacked in Aion's chapter, since he disappears after a set amount of turns.

Why should it matter that he disappears after you open the door? That has no bearing on whether or not you should be able to kill him. In fact, there is no correlation between the two at all. Him disappearing before you open the door means you have to kill him before you open it. If you look at any game in general, you'll see that what you said makes no sense.

You can't destroy the boss in Katana (SP?) in Starfox 64. You have to wait till the "hatches are open," otherwise you'll be doing no damage. Some games, like Zelda, you have to tip-toe in order to get an enemy because if you ran at him, he'd simply disappear. Similarly, in Mario Galaxy, you have to tip-toe towards an enemy who resides underground in order to destroy him. This does not mean the developers did not intend for you to kill them, it simply means you have to find a way to get them.

Furthermore, Kishuna moves on HHM in order to aid the long range magic users. Thereby entering your attack range and ready to be engaged. Thus, the programmers did intend it for him to be attacked.

Like I said in my earlier post, I believe that 32x is no longer available should you kill him. Barring that, I think there is a chance that you get a slightly different ending.

In conclusion, I believe you are lying. I believe the game has never frozen for you and I believe that no one has ever experienced this in the past.

:O
#19MalcolmMasherPosted 4/16/2010 8:52:26 AM
If you open the door to Kishuna's room, he runs away and some guys with silver weapons show up. If you attack Kishuna, causing him to flee, some guys with C-rank spells/staves show up. (Droppable, in either case.) So it's pretty clear that Kishuna was meant to be attackable - there's actually an event which only happens if you attack Kishuna!

I don't think he was intended to be _killable_, mind you, at this point. He's got pretty good defenses and he runs away after the first time you attack him. But since he has no Crit Evade, it's quite possible to kill him, intentional or not. (If my memory serves me rightly, killing Kishuna will cause neither set of enemies to appear. Shame, it's nice loot. No other effect, though. Killing Kishuna in 19x doesn't stop him from showing up in 23x, so it should be no surprise that killing him in 23x won't keep him out of 32x.)
#20Sword_Demon66Posted 4/16/2010 3:57:31 PM
Hmmm, interesting.

Also,
************************SPOILERS***************************

I'm came to the conclusion that Kishuna is Renault's friend who died and was remade by Nergal.
This is based on the conversation Renault has when he attacks Nergal.
---
THE JEWS!!!
If I had a hole in my throat, I'd put pennies in it! ~Chris Griffin.