This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dart vs. Geitz

#1Metal Gear RaxisPosted 12/27/2010 4:26:43 PM
Eliwood Hard Mode.

I'm considering saving money by not using the Ocean Seal, and in any case I don't think I'll need two axe-users when I've already got Hector.

So, use one of the two, both, or somebody else who can use an axe?
---
Gig: You know how to get there? Go that way, then over there, then down through there, then take a right. Got it?
#2PokeAMonPosted 12/27/2010 4:38:02 PM
Raven, Harken, Marcus, Sain, Kent, Lowen, etc. Geitz is a fine option too. Dart is expensive to use, but he has good AS for someone locked to Axes.
---
In the time it takes for you to read this message, another child will die of hunger. Read faster next time.
#3SnarfgasmV2Posted 12/27/2010 4:39:58 PM
Dart's bases are balls
---
a.k.a. SnarfBoyWonder
#4PokeAMonPosted 12/27/2010 4:41:56 PM
Low Skl and a Steel Axe on a map with loads of forests doesn't help much either.
---
In the time it takes for you to read this message, another child will die of hunger. Read faster next time.
#5AnimeRPGFanPosted 12/27/2010 9:37:11 PM
10 CON with a steel axe is far more harmful to him than any issues with accuracy.
---
Please, call me Loyal.
Nintendo has this whole thing about making people want to give them money and then not letting them do it.
#6JMusicAsonPosted 12/28/2010 6:46:40 AM
^Agreed its really difficult to level him on a map where he has an average of like a 75 hit and doubles only on a couple units.
---
Biology Student, Pursuing a B.S. in Biochemistry
#7AnoulethPosted 12/28/2010 11:37:44 AM
Or take about five seconds to give him an Iron Axe.
---
I love Seth. And Titania. And Marcus. All those great already promoted EXP drains they force to take up a lot on your team.
#8MarioLinkGenofaPosted 12/28/2010 11:39:46 AM
wasting a units phase to trade is... annoying.
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#9DarksamuszPosted 12/28/2010 11:46:50 AM
Considering the placement of enemy units in this chapter, you aren't really fighting anything on your first turn. Wasting a units turn on your phase to trade in this case is beneficial and wastes no time.
---
Dark
Temporary Commanding Officer
#10PokeAMonPosted 12/28/2010 12:16:37 PM
It doesn't change the fact that Dart has 20% Skl growth, thereby making it rather difficult for him to fight anything not using Lances. His base Skl is pretty good, but down the stretch he has a bit of trouble hitting stuff.

The Steel Axe can be traded for Iron, but that requires the player to remember to buy Iron Axes in Ch 15/16, as they don't sell them in Pirate Ship. Only a minor inconvenience, yes, but if you're like me (who hasn't played in a while) and opted not to restock in Noble Lady of Caelin, you're out of luck.
---