This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When does Eliwood evolve?

#1AquaSapphirePosted 2/13/2012 12:17:45 PM
I just got the 2nd evolution item for the lords, but Eliwood can't use that one either.
#2CTMF_Sparky13Posted 2/13/2012 1:24:41 PM
Eliwood evolves with low friendship. This occurs after completing Cogs of Destiny on ENM/EHM. Otherwise, using the "Light Stone" will evolve him on HNM/HHM
---
Charlie Sheen for President, 2012.
Someone's gotta set America right, and no one else can do it like this guy. "Winning, DUH!"
#3PontusGamerPosted 2/13/2012 2:06:57 PM
Eliwood evolves during a trade. He needs to hold a metal coat though.
#4XBladeWielderPosted 2/13/2012 2:16:06 PM
Try using the Fire Stone on him; should that fail, check out Level 16.
---
PSN: JorgeTheAwesome
Now playing: Team Fortress 2, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
#5Is_CorruptedPosted 2/13/2012 2:30:58 PM
You might want to wait till he learns flamethrower at lvl 18 before evolving him, though.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#6amcc4728Posted 2/13/2012 5:10:25 PM
this topic is full of win XD
---
Your argument is hereby rendered invalid
#7shiningpikablu252Posted 2/13/2012 7:37:42 PM
There is no "evolving" in this game. You're thinking of the Pokémon franchise. In Fire Emblem, the correct term is "promotion".

Anyway, the circumstances in which Eliwood can promote differ depending on which tale you're doing. (The circumstances Eliwood's tied to in a tale are the circumstances Hector's tied to in the other tale. Lyn needs to use a Heaven Seal in both tales.)

If you're in Eliwood's tale, Eliwood undergoes a forced promotion at the end of chapter 27 (29 Hector), no matter what his level. The Heaven Seal won't work on Eliwood in his own tale.

Now, if you're in Hector's tale, the Heaven Seal is how Eliwood will promote; usual promotion rules apply, level 10 at minimum. However, you don't get your first Heaven Seal until the start of chapter 26 (24 Eliwood), and the other Heaven Seal comes at the end of chapter 28 (26 Eliwood).
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#8Mage_LordPosted 2/14/2012 10:43:54 AM
If it's Eliwood Mode, then it's a storyline event

If it's Hector Mode, then sell his heaven seal for scrap
#9royisherePosted 2/14/2012 11:38:03 AM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
There is no "evolving" in this game. You're thinking of the Pokémon franchise. In Fire Emblem, the correct term is "promotion".

Anyway, the circumstances in which Eliwood can promote differ depending on which tale you're doing. (The circumstances Eliwood's tied to in a tale are the circumstances Hector's tied to in the other tale. Lyn needs to use a Heaven Seal in both tales.)

If you're in Eliwood's tale, Eliwood undergoes a forced promotion at the end of chapter 27 (29 Hector), no matter what his level. The Heaven Seal won't work on Eliwood in his own tale.

Now, if you're in Hector's tale, the Heaven Seal is how Eliwood will promote; usual promotion rules apply, level 10 at minimum. However, you don't get your first Heaven Seal until the start of chapter 26 (24 Eliwood), and the other Heaven Seal comes at the end of chapter 28 (26 Eliwood).

It's worth pointing out that it's actually the tactician doing the promoting. Eliwood is being promoted, not promoting someone.
---
I'm a member of the KKK who helped organize 9/11 - slasherzeta
http://i.imgur.com/I4yhM.png
#10AnoulethPosted 2/14/2012 12:12:55 PM
amcc4728 posted...
this topic is full of win XD

I'm not surprised that the same kind of people who use the word "win" unironically also think this topic is funny.
---
Devil: DEBATING VIDEO GAMES IS NOT AN ISSUE THAT ADMITS SHADES OF GREY THINGS ARE EITHER TOTALLY AWESOME OR INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE