Thieves Guild - Level 2 [Stone platforms]

#1joncowcare1Posted 6/7/2008 1:25:00 PM
Hi all,
I'm having major problems with the last of the stone platform traps in the Thieves Guild - Level 2.
I managed the first two but the third and largest one is a real killer. Literally . . . !
I jump from the bridge and as soon as I land the platforms disappear. There is no 'blinking' or anything to guide me. I've tried jumping to the left and right but the minute I land on a platform all the surrounding ones fall before I can jump to another and me with them !
I feel I must be doing something wrong but cannot work out what it is, any ideas or suggestions please ? [PS2 version]
Thanks !
Jon
---
Oldie but a newbie . . .
http://farmoffice.cowcare.info
#2gluttony699Posted 6/8/2008 8:10:32 AM
You arent doing anything wrong its just hard. When you jump on the first one you just have to pay very close attention to the stones that blink and avoid them. Whenever i get passed that spot it was just luck.
#3crapycomputerPosted 6/8/2008 11:21:47 AM
are you sure you arent facing the wrong way? i spent the longest time doing one of thew stone puzzles backwards, and doing it backwards makes ALL the surrounding platforms dissapear.
#4joncowcare1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2008 11:40:17 AM
Thanks to both of you for your replies and advice, much appreciated !
Ooo er . . . Facing the right way does make a difference doesn't it ? Silly me !
How on earth I made that mistake is beyond me but now that I've turned round I managed to get across in one try, albeit with a sweat on !
Thanks again !
Jon
---
Oldie but a newbie . . .
http://farmoffice.cowcare.info
#5WebriderPosted 6/20/2008 5:09:06 AM
What do you mean backwards? I am having the same problem, do you mean move the view?
#6DuneManPosted 6/20/2008 11:02:35 AM
Eh, as long as the camera is positioned behind your character, so that the platforms appear higher up on the screen, you should be fine.
---
"I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
*use the Search function on the boards*
#7damian5000Posted 7/1/2008 4:04:19 AM
I can't even get past the second set of platforms. The stones disappear way to fast to make it all the way across. I tried it with the camera in several positions literally about 100x now and just can't make it... Any tips appreciated
#8RiverWraithPosted 7/31/2008 12:44:56 PM
I thought I'd never get past those ruddy things the first time I played the game.

As for tips - like people said above, make sure you're facing the right direction, and watch very carefully for the platforms that don't blink (sometimes it's kind of hard to tell), and you should be fine.

---
The way I see it, the person who's walking away is usually the one who did it - Buddy, age 5, on guilt