Best weapons and stats from my characters.

#1Simpatico21Posted 2/1/2009 12:17:18 PM
I've been trying to look for best weapons for all my characters and so far this is what i got:

lvl 40 Elven
Health 1000
Energy 470
Base attack 30
damage 99-129
She uses Onyx Sword

lvl 40 Human
Health 1055
Energy 344/344
Base attack 53
Damage 32-140
He uses a Shortbow of Defense +3
32-140 lighting dmg
Second weapon is:Great Sword +4
60-208 lighting dmg (2 hand weapon)

lvl 40 Dwarven
Health 1135
Energy 228
Base attack 69
Damage 92-108
Weapon Great Axe +5
68-84 Critical dmg
Second weapon is Scimitar +5
44-144 lightin dmg (1 hand weapon)

I just want to know if any of you have a better set up of weapons for each class.
#2DuneManPosted 2/1/2009 8:53:05 PM
The Onyx Sword is the best weapon in the game, hands down. The Dwarf might try an Adamantine Shocking Burst Greatsword(or Great Axe) +5(of Speed if you can actually find one), but the average damage isn't as high as you might hope. The best armor is Elven Full Plate +5(but good luck ever finding any); and, even though enemies will often almost always hit you on Extreme with all plate +5 equipped, it still helps at other times and the weight isn't that hard to handle with a few points in Endurance. The best bow would be an Oak Shocking Burst Shortbow of Speed +5(but again, good luck finding it).
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#3Simpatico21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2009 7:56:00 AM
Hey man, thx for replying. My Dwarf make a nice 300+ dmg almost every 3 hits, thats why i use that axe. That weapon has critical dmg so thats why I use it, I know the Onyx has the best min dmg but its one handed and I can't use Whirwind if i use it.
#4Simpatico21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2009 8:07:01 AM
Oh yes and one last thing. "Shocking burst" weapons have "fake" dmg. You can tell that by reading the Item faqs. Thats why I don't use them, I really like to use critical dmg items but they are so hard to find. If I can find a nice weapon with a minimun dmg of 50 (one handed) with critical dmg then that weapon will pretty much be as good as the Onyx since all the dmg it does is double.
#5DuneManPosted 2/2/2009 1:16:00 PM
Well, I usually recommend playing with damage numbers turned on so you can see the average damage of various weapons. Sometimes the ranges look similar, but because of damage being applied differently for [elemental] burst weapons, it can be misleading.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#6VendettaPosted 2/17/2009 1:24:35 PM
More to the point, the weapon screen lies about damage. (It includes the element damage in the weapon's quality multiplier, but the combat calculations add it afterwards.)