Is the platinum version less glitchy?

#1DreamXingPosted 6/5/2010 3:21:01 AM
Thinking about getting it. I rented this when I was a kid and couldn't get past the first level -_- So did the platinum version fix unresponsive controls or any gamebreaking bugs/glitches?
---
"Obscure allusions to chess are fine;but it troubles me that anonymous oracles know more of my business than I do"
#2FenixxPosted 6/9/2010 9:50:00 PM
I didn't know there was a platinum version. I've made it basically through the whole game, never did finish it though, and I've only encountered some minor annoyances but nothing that prevents you from beating the first level as you say. My first time playing it though, if you turn around at your starting position and face the stairs, there's a stream of water running down the side of them. I went and walked against that part of the wall and died instantly =P Never been able to recreate it after but I knew after that there was something not quite right about the game and just played it cautiously and like I said, have only encountered annoyances but nothing game breaking.
---
PSN: Sion_Fenixx
In order to fear something, you must know fear. In order to know fear, you must be scared. In order to be scared, you must know me.
#3DreamXing(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2010 3:22:01 AM
My problem was that the controls seemed unresponsive, particularly when the police are chasing you. I could only walk and run in that area, for some reason Lara wouldn't jump, hop, roll, sprint, crouch or anything else >:( Thankfully it was a cheap rental though...

I might just get it anyway and use the level skip cheat if I have too many problems. That said though I'm much more patient with games than I used to be so hopefully it won't be as traumatic >.>
---
"Obscure allusions to chess are fine;but it troubles me that anonymous oracles know more of my business than I do"
#4FenixxPosted 6/11/2010 9:18:11 PM
You talking about in that burning apartment and you have to get up the stairs or something? If I remember I had some issues in there as well. Times when my jumps wouldn't land properly even though they should have, falling through the floor, etc. Some parts are just more glitchy then others. It's been a long time since I've played this game but I've been thinking of digging it out again and finally finishing it.
---
PSN: Sion_Fenixx
In order to fear something, you must know fear. In order to know fear, you must be scared. In order to be scared, you must know me.
More topics from this board...
Sorry Sirtwiggy9019/11 1:03PM