This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo vs. Halo 2, recent FPS games' Aiming Sensitivity

#1newgirliePosted 3/4/2009 10:27:16 PM
Question: When Halo 1 first came out for the XBOX, I played it a lot and was pretty good at aiming and shooting quickly and accurately. I was able to knock off aliens here and there, no problems. I played it for a few months, and then stopped playing altogether. After that, I didn't play a single FPS game for about 2 years. Then, I tried playing a bit of Halo 2, 3, Gears of War, Team Fortress 2...I completely suck at FPS now, and even if I do play a lot, I feel like I'm not making any improvements. Specifically, it takes me a long time to aim and shoot accurately. Has there been a huge difference in the aiming sensitivity in Halo 1, compared to the recent FPS games?

I really want to improve, but not sure how, and why I'm not. I keep finding myself moving the aiming and camera joysticks too fast when I panic or am under heavy fire. Is it because of the sensitivity settings?

((P.S. I know I'm probably going to get flamed for asking this, so go at it if you'd like lol))
#2DaruniaTheGoronPosted 3/5/2009 1:25:39 PM
You can adjust the sensitivity in settings. If you find yourself swinging your reticle around too fast, just lower the sensitivity until it feels comfortable.
---
but during the time bands are unknown, they aren't good. the moment they
are discovered and well known then they become better. - Humpa
#3Lieutenant_SunPosted 3/5/2009 4:02:02 PM
In both Halo 1 and 2 I use 7. In Halo 3 I use a 4 o.0
---
You didn't mention Link once. Looking at your topic, I can't figure out what "your drift" is at all. - CyricZ
****, I was going to say boobs.
#4newgirlie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2009 10:20:34 PM
Is there anything different in Halo 1 from Halo 2 about the aiming/shooting sensitivity, aside from playing around with the settings?
#5GarriscyanPosted 3/6/2009 9:34:28 PM
Halo 1 had a non-auto targeting reticule. Compared to Halo 2, the reticule will slightly move (automatically) when placed near a target. Other then that I think you can make all the speed changes accordingly with the sensitivity. A good sensitivity is 4-6.
---
The moment of zeal is obtained only by having low expectations
#6DaruniaTheGoronPosted 3/6/2009 10:54:49 PM
Halo 1 had it too.. pretty much every console FPS does.

It's just way less extreme.
---
#7Jedi_MercenaryPosted 3/9/2009 12:02:18 AM
In Team Fortress 2 the aiming problems probably come from the auto-aim-lessnes. All the Halo games had aiming assisting that followed the target a bit if you moved the cursor on it, but as far as I know TF2 doesn't have any assists. I am usually quite a good shot on the Xbox/X360, and often turn of my aiming assists, but when I was playing TF2 on the PS3 I could hardly hit a barn-wall with a minigun. Don't know if it was the PS3's inferior control or just my suckiness, but I had serious problems being efficient in that game.
---
There is no kill like overkill
#8StedinatorPosted 3/10/2009 4:15:57 AM
I don't think any FPS has them these days =/ Not that I mind, it was only useful in Goldeneye/ PD because there was no dual analogue support. Now that with have full control it's unnecessary. To be honest I find it annoying. and it definitely IS in Halo 1, I played it just today.
---
"I'm going to go do British things, like drink cups of tea and eat bangers and mash, that sort of thing...because I'm British"
#9DaruniaTheGoronPosted 3/10/2009 9:39:55 AM
It's really, really difficult to aim without it Sted. Thumbsticks aren't as good as a mouse. Trust me, almost every FPS has it.
---
#10StedinatorPosted 3/10/2009 6:49:09 PM
I don't think so =/ Pretty sure Timesplitters 3 doesn't or Unreal Tournament III and I know loads of people were complaining about Perfect Dark Zero not having it.
---
"I'm going to go do British things, like drink cups of tea and eat bangers and mash, that sort of thing...because I'm British"
More topics from this board...
Must not die!brute_strength879/25 10:38PM