Halo vs. Halo 2, recent FPS games' Aiming Sensitivity

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: Combat Evolved
  3. Halo vs. Halo 2, recent FPS games' Aiming Sensitivity
7 years ago#1
Question: When Halo 1 first came out for the XBOX, I played it a lot and was pretty good at aiming and shooting quickly and accurately. I was able to knock off aliens here and there, no problems. I played it for a few months, and then stopped playing altogether. After that, I didn't play a single FPS game for about 2 years. Then, I tried playing a bit of Halo 2, 3, Gears of War, Team Fortress 2...I completely suck at FPS now, and even if I do play a lot, I feel like I'm not making any improvements. Specifically, it takes me a long time to aim and shoot accurately. Has there been a huge difference in the aiming sensitivity in Halo 1, compared to the recent FPS games?

I really want to improve, but not sure how, and why I'm not. I keep finding myself moving the aiming and camera joysticks too fast when I panic or am under heavy fire. Is it because of the sensitivity settings?

((P.S. I know I'm probably going to get flamed for asking this, so go at it if you'd like lol))
7 years ago#2
You can adjust the sensitivity in settings. If you find yourself swinging your reticle around too fast, just lower the sensitivity until it feels comfortable.
but during the time bands are unknown, they aren't good. the moment they
are discovered and well known then they become better. - Humpa
7 years ago#3
In both Halo 1 and 2 I use 7. In Halo 3 I use a 4 o.0
You didn't mention Link once. Looking at your topic, I can't figure out what "your drift" is at all. - CyricZ
****, I was going to say boobs.
7 years ago#4
Is there anything different in Halo 1 from Halo 2 about the aiming/shooting sensitivity, aside from playing around with the settings?
7 years ago#5
Halo 1 had a non-auto targeting reticule. Compared to Halo 2, the reticule will slightly move (automatically) when placed near a target. Other then that I think you can make all the speed changes accordingly with the sensitivity. A good sensitivity is 4-6.
The moment of zeal is obtained only by having low expectations
7 years ago#6
Halo 1 had it too.. pretty much every console FPS does.

It's just way less extreme.
7 years ago#7
In Team Fortress 2 the aiming problems probably come from the auto-aim-lessnes. All the Halo games had aiming assisting that followed the target a bit if you moved the cursor on it, but as far as I know TF2 doesn't have any assists. I am usually quite a good shot on the Xbox/X360, and often turn of my aiming assists, but when I was playing TF2 on the PS3 I could hardly hit a barn-wall with a minigun. Don't know if it was the PS3's inferior control or just my suckiness, but I had serious problems being efficient in that game.
There is no kill like overkill
7 years ago#8
I don't think any FPS has them these days =/ Not that I mind, it was only useful in Goldeneye/ PD because there was no dual analogue support. Now that with have full control it's unnecessary. To be honest I find it annoying. and it definitely IS in Halo 1, I played it just today.
"I'm going to go do British things, like drink cups of tea and eat bangers and mash, that sort of thing...because I'm British"
7 years ago#9
It's really, really difficult to aim without it Sted. Thumbsticks aren't as good as a mouse. Trust me, almost every FPS has it.
7 years ago#10
I don't think so =/ Pretty sure Timesplitters 3 doesn't or Unreal Tournament III and I know loads of people were complaining about Perfect Dark Zero not having it.
"I'm going to go do British things, like drink cups of tea and eat bangers and mash, that sort of thing...because I'm British"
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: Combat Evolved
  3. Halo vs. Halo 2, recent FPS games' Aiming Sensitivity

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived