I want to talk about this game with someone so badly.

#1United_WorldPosted 1/21/2013 4:21:24 PM
But I'm just a puppet on a lonely string...
---
Give it to me, baby.
#2Pokemonfreak101Posted 1/22/2013 11:50:13 PM
I still have the disc sitting on my shelf, but no Xbox or 360 to play it on =/ I remember this game was the main reason I even bought the original Xbox to begin with. Here's hoping they re-release it on Steam, PS3, and 360 like they did with the first one
---
Steam: Zaculus (Math rocks)
Now playing: KOTOR, Sonic Adventure 2, Civilization V, and Pokemon (all gens).
#3memoriesofbloodPosted 1/23/2013 2:36:09 PM
After seeing today's news of another iconic cell shaded game being brought into the HD era, it's making me hope that the JGR port sold enough for them to do the same for this game. If not I hope that the Andromeda Galaxy collides with our Milky Way Galaxy sooner than later because not only do I not want to live on this planet anymore, I don't want to live in this Galaxy anymore.

Also, HELLO United_World fancy seeing you here! :)
#4United_World(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:15:54 PM
POkemonfreak101 posted...
I still have the disc sitting on my shelf, but no Xbox or 360 to play it on =/ I remember this game was the main reason I even bought the original Xbox to begin with. Here's hoping they re-release it on Steam, PS3, and 360 like they did with the first one

That sucks man.
I still have the combo disc (After All These Years!) in meant condition.
I've done everything in both JSR & JSRF, but....
But....

I NEED MOAR!

I want to play another JSR game so badly.
My thirst for rollerblading, tagging fun has not been fully quenched. I need to do more, I want to play through another story, I want to do more crazy tricks while listening to even crazier songs.
I won't let this series die. This I Swear!
---
Give it to me, baby.
#5memoriesofbloodPosted 1/23/2013 6:21:51 PM
The combo disk looks terrible, do yourself a favor and buy the original version.
#6triple_leiPosted 1/26/2013 10:36:57 PM
Bought this for my older brother for Christmas and neither of us have played it yet.

Is this game far and away better than the first Jet Set Radio?
#7United_World(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:32:59 PM(edited)
triple_lei posted...
Bought this for my older brother for Christmas and neither of us have played it yet.

Is this game far and away better than the first Jet Set Radio?

Both games are actually very different from one another.
They both exceed one another in certain categories. For example:

While Jet Set Radio is about racking up points and planning out certain routes that may best help you through the level, JSRF is about speeding through the levels as quickly as possible. This also explains tagging as well. JSR wants you to get extra points off your tags via QTE, while JSRF wants you to tag it quickly with the press of a button and hurry on to the next one.

As I've mentioned before, both games out do one another in certain aspects:

Jet Set Radio can be really hard and unforgiving while JSRF can be really easy and the more user friendly game between the two.
Such as enemies persuing you every step of the way in JSR, unlike in JSRF, where most or, if not, all encounters with hostiles are limited to small segments. JSRF makes up by having better controls, physics and overall better hands on simplicity that makes it very enjoyable (I.e. "Turn Around" and tricks being a button press rather than an analog motion and an automatic occurance respectively.) opposed to Jet Set Radio's rather difficult controls (especially to people who's never played it before).
In JSRF, normal movement is much easier and fluid and jump slows you down rather than speed you up.

The levels in Jet Set Radio Future are generally bigger and again, made for you to blast through. The game in general is more open world (You don't select certain stages off a mission map, you simply go there) than JSR and you're not restricted to certain areas of a level nor do you have to worry about a time limit.

Also, there's multiplayer.
Hopes this helps.
---
Give it to me, baby.
#8triple_leiPosted 1/27/2013 10:08:02 PM
That's awesome. Sounds like this sequel (if it even is a sequel?) doesn't obsolete the original JSR.

Which I am enjoying, by the way. I got it for free on Vita and cheap on PS3 with PlayStation Plus, and people are saying the controls ruined it. Playing through the first chapter on the Vita for the first time ever was pretty frustrating at times, but playing it on the PS3 my second time through was pretty fun.

Come to think of it, I got Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast way back when too, but I couldn't even complete the tutorial so I let my friend borrow it... and I never saw it again. :/ And he says he doesn't have it... hmph.
#9The_404sPosted 1/28/2013 5:14:44 AM
I remember getting an XBox and this game bundled with it for Christmas as a kid.

It was so much, I feel really nostalgic about ti.

I'm immensely sad when I realize that this series wont ever be continued...They tried once, pitched it to Nintendo I think, with concept art and everything, but it got shot down...It's enough to make a grown man cry.
#10The_LimitPosted 2/3/2013 9:33:39 AM
High and a winner! Pay the front line! Take the don'ts!
He's coming out again for a new point! Get your bets now ladies and gentlemen! ;)
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/guPrF0X.jpg