I want to talk about this game with someone so badly.

#11memoriesofbloodPosted 2/10/2013 1:00:28 PM
The_404s posted...
I remember getting an XBox and this game bundled with it for Christmas as a kid.

It was so much, I feel really nostalgic about ti.

I'm immensely sad when I realize that this series wont ever be continued...They tried once, pitched it to Nintendo I think, with concept art and everything, but it got shot down...It's enough to make a grown man cry.

Agreed except I wasn't a kid nor did I get it for Christmas but close enough! Whenever I have down time during work with no new games out I break out either JSRF, Max Payne 1 which is usually during the winter, Wind Waker or GTA3.

All games with HUGE nostalgic value to myself and all games that don't take up too much time replaying. (ie PS1 Era Final Fantasy)

Better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all I suppose and in all actuality we can always fill that hole in our hearts with University chicks and expensive Scotch.
#12The_404sPosted 2/11/2013 5:57:25 PM
memoriesofblood posted...
The_404s posted...
I remember getting an XBox and this game bundled with it for Christmas as a kid.

I'm immensely sad when I realize that this series wont ever be continued...They tried once, pitched it to Nintendo I think, with concept art and everything, but it got shot down...It's enough to make a grown man cry.

Agreed except I wasn't a kid nor did I get it for Christmas but close enough! Whenever I have down time during work with no new games out I break out either JSRF, Max Payne 1 which is usually during the winter, Wind Waker or GTA3.

Aww yeah, Wind Waker is another one of my childhood favorites. Got that one for my 12th Birthday when it had first come out.

It's gotten to the point where I can't play JSRF anymore, I've played it to death. I know it inside and out and it just doesn't excite me the way it used to.
#13memoriesofbloodPosted 2/13/2013 1:07:30 PM
The_404s posted...
memoriesofblood posted...
The_404s posted...

Aww yeah, Wind Waker is another one of my childhood favorites. Got that one for my 12th Birthday when it had first come out.

It's gotten to the point where I can't play JSRF anymore, I've played it to death. I know it inside and out and it just doesn't excite me the way it used to.

I know that feels bro. I can %100 JSRF in about 8-10 hours depending on how much I screw up on either the Shibuya terminal challenge for skating on all the platforms without touching the ground or Kibogaoka Heights in general hahah.

Still even just hearing the soundtrack reminds me of the good old days of being 17 and rocking the xbox pretty hard with some buds.

If only Microsoft would patch the 360 version so I could use my HDMI cables instead of my xbox's component cables so I could play it up-res'd without that horrible slow down that makes JSRF pretty much unplayable on the 360.
#14l3igl3ossPosted 2/14/2013 2:03:51 AM(edited)
I think the next Jet Set Radio should be either open world, as in truly open world and ridden by choices - JSRF was linear in progression despite the large levels - or online. Though SEGA already has the MMO going on with Phantasy Star Online 2, perhaps it is best that JSR remained off line.

It should be dual analog for camera and movement, with Left trigger serving as lock-on and centering camera, and Right trigger to spray. Since the game should use buttons for tricks and jumps, I don't know whether to consider using camera assists - like panning around the character as he turns to the sides, like both games released - or not. My guess is that it should, since Jet Set Radio still relies a bit on jumps with controllable forward momentum, and lots of actions that takes away control form the right analog stick.

Speaking of which, I wish tagging went back to the analog prompts for each graffiti size. This time, allow movement at the same time you spray paint. The prompts would be completed with the right analog stick as you are locked-on to the tag arrow. Have a return of dynamic police, swat, army, and gangster forces. Oh my, this will never happen... =(
#15SlaveZero40Posted 2/17/2013 1:40:56 AM
WE NEED ANOTHER JET SET RADIO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least another Bayonetta...
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#16MonstarXx01xXPosted 2/17/2013 6:10:21 PM
I agree, sega is spending to much time on sonic and ignoring there other IP's like NiGHTS and Skies of Arcadia. If any IP deserves a new game its JSR. A bigger world would make this game great especially with more secrets to find. In short if they just expand from JSRF with a few tweaks they can have a monster on their hands. New characters, a new boss, more gangs, and a better battling system during police encounters and pehaps even having 3 active gg's at a time to help in battles or clearing stages faster by spliting up, possibly opening an online storymode or local storymode playthrough. Online multiplayer would be nice, especially a capture the flag match 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 along with a battle mode would really make it shine. Last but not least customizable skaters and tricks couldnt hurt. The soundtrack would be more epic than the last hopefully bringin back some old artists from JSRF to remaster or remix their songs or create new ones. This is a mouthful but it would be worth it.
---
-{Official Yagura,The Three-Tailed Turtle Of The NSUNS3 Boards}Former leader of EDT, and Jacks former rival, Ulquiorra.
Gamertag:EDTET Ulquiorra
#17memoriesofbloodPosted 2/21/2013 12:47:45 PM
MonstarXx01xX posted...
I agree, sega is spending to much time on sonic and ignoring there other IP's like NiGHTS and Skies of Arcadia. If any IP deserves a new game its JSR. A bigger world would make this game great especially with more secrets to find. In short if they just expand from JSRF with a few tweaks they can have a monster on their hands. New characters, a new boss, more gangs, and a better battling system during police encounters and pehaps even having 3 active gg's at a time to help in battles or clearing stages faster by spliting up, possibly opening an online storymode or local storymode playthrough. Online multiplayer would be nice, especially a capture the flag match 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 along with a battle mode would really make it shine. Last but not least customizable skaters and tricks couldnt hurt. The soundtrack would be more epic than the last hopefully bringin back some old artists from JSRF to remaster or remix their songs or create new ones. This is a mouthful but it would be worth it.

I was humoring myself one evening around a few bottles of beer and a friend who also enjoyed JSRF and we came to a point. If a JSRF had a sequel the online multiplayer mode shouldn't be something as derivative as capture the flag or team death match but make it more JSRF, make it an open world MP with turf wars and dance battles. To the point where if you are going all out during the day capturing gang territory you'll be more likely to run into the police forcing both sides to either work together against the cops or just all out bail, turning it into a Assassin's Creed type chase sequence.

Add a night cycle so when you customize your crew you can go in full stealth mode (something real graffiti artist's have to deal with when tagging high profile area's) tagging anything and everything including the cop stations or even the cops cars with the officers sitting inside none the wiser.

Truly these are all pipe dreams but I don't give a damn. >:O
#18United_World(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 2:02:24 PM
They should also put better emphases on storytelling.
Y'know, I bet we, the posters of the JSR(F) boards, could actually create a kick-ass Jet Set Radio game if SEGA kidnapped us, threw us all in a room together and gave us 4-5 years to create a new installment in the series.
---
Give it to me, baby.
#19lumina_angelPosted 3/15/2013 4:16:42 AM
my little brother won a xbox 360 at school so i got the game again and destroyed that in 4hours it was the best
---
3DS FC: 3480-2670-5101, Smoke
#20BackwardCapPosted 3/29/2013 4:14:50 PM
My copy is torn to shreds and riddled with bugs and glitches, I really miss playing it.
---
You can't even touch me!