WTC Level version

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Jayar

Jayar
8 years ago#1
I was able to snag a copy before the game was recalled to edit the level in light of 911. Would it be worth something? I only have the game disk, btw.

User Info: Ininja2000

Ininja2000
8 years ago#2
They edited a level in light of 9/11?
For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 6:23

User Info: lonedarkness

lonedarkness
8 years ago#3
Yeah, the final level takes place on the North Tower of the Twin Towers, so they edited a bit.
Originally, Electro yells, "TOP OF THE WORLD!!!" before racing off to the tower, and Thor appears after the final boss fight (which is why he gets credits for beating Electro).

I really don't know why they changed THAT stuff though. They could just as easily made it some fictional building.
Everybody go here: http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?action=go_detail&sub_action=take&obj_id=7772

User Info: Ininja2000

Ininja2000
8 years ago#4
Yeah, I don't get it.
For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 6:23

Jayar
8 years ago#5
Soo question remains: Worth something other than $12 on ebay, or no?

User Info: S_P_I_D_E_Y_

S_P_I_D_E_Y_
8 years ago#6
Yes. I think it might actully be worth something. But I'd keep it. It's a fun game.

Jayar
8 years ago#7
I also have the other (single tower) version of it as well :)

It's funny, because it was on this very board where I found people talking about it. Someone named rivercitybill was selling them on eBay and he still had a couple so I jumped on the chance. Thanks!

User Info: Witty-Web-Head

Witty-Web-Head
8 years ago#8
Wow, didn't realize the pre-9/11 copies were actually sold.

Any chance one of you guys could post the pre-9/11 final cutscene with Thor on YouTube? Or post a screencap of him? I'd appreciate it!

Jayar
8 years ago#9
I'll see what I can do!

User Info: Witty-Web-Head

Witty-Web-Head
8 years ago#10

Great!

Thanks for trying.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived