This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

new tier list

#1knoxvaderPosted 7/27/2013 7:44:28 AM
http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-tier-list-voting-results-posted.336113/

feels weird
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon; Minecraft; Smash 64
#2HabefietPosted 7/27/2013 7:58:34 AM
It is as yet unclear whether that list is official in any capacity... though I have to say I like it because it coincides with many of my opinions (Puff/Ganon/DK lower, Yoshi/YL/Pika higher).

Someone in the topic posed the question of how he selected the "official" voters and I too would like to know this because some of the people on his list are both not-that-great-at-the-game and not-involved-in-the-scene-much-anymore so they seem kinda... odd.
#3IamthehylianPosted 7/27/2013 8:14:30 AM
I wonder what it'd look like if he counted all the votes.
---
HRC PAL 30724.5 m 100806.1 ft
BTT 3:25.35
#4knoxvader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 9:31:01 AM
my personal picks would be hbox's or hax's
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon; Minecraft; Smash 64
#5CStickPosted 7/27/2013 9:42:37 AM
looks about right.
---
I like you Cstick. You got balls. I like balls.~Chesterr01
Southern VA smasher and Official Lifehunt Scythe of Dark Souls
#6CubeTVPosted 7/27/2013 11:20:17 AM(edited)
Awesome! I did not like how the old tier lists had seven different (S, A, B, C, D, E and F) tiers. Since this one has been reduced to only four (S, A, B and F), it already looks better! It also gives a big SSB64 feeling with there only being four tiers. The description of each tier also helps more:

S- Viable Tier. All characters in this range are viable for competing.
A- Semi-Viable Tier. These characters have been shown by their dedicated players to have the tools to compete, though it is apparent that they are slightly disadvantaged.
B- Probably Not Viable Tier. Some players have done well with these characters in specific match-ups, but for the most part they aren't viable for winning tournaments.
F- Just Leave Them Alone Tier. Its probably for the best.

This is something I can relate to because Mario is one of my best characters in the game. I know for a fact he's not the best (but far from the worst) which is why I use someone who is better at competing like Captain Falcon.

Overall, this is the first Melee tier list that I've seen updated ever since I started playing competitively (while still playing casual Pokeball only matches here and there) back in 2011 and it is so amazing being a part of it all.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#7HrezsPosted 7/27/2013 1:47:29 PM
Yoshi before zelda. You cant the tier list on gfaqs again
---
PhoneYoshi
#8SweetxSerenityPosted 7/27/2013 4:06:48 PM
Tier list is approximately pointless
#9b0ltmAg3Posted 7/27/2013 4:56:18 PM
something like that
---
Idiots will be shot for drinking my beer. Survivors will be shot again.
The Equail Army - Captain of the arsenal of cornstalks.
#10sixty9percent--Posted 7/27/2013 7:42:29 PM
tires