Luigi's Mansion: Funny or Scary?

#1ReversinatorPosted 4/5/2009 7:08:29 AM
Being a Mario game, it has humor in it, but being a game about ghosts, it has scariness in it. Is it a game ment for your five year old child or a game more meant for your 10 year old? Let's examine.
Humor bits:
Flattened by a door
Being flung around while sucking up a ghost
Poison Mushroom
Ending

Scary Bits:
A lot of the Portrait ghosts
The areas of the boss ghosts
The ghosts appearing out of nowhere(complete with Luigi getting scared)
Darkness
"Hanging Shadow" of Luigi(I don't believe in it)

Personally, I say that Luigi's Mansion is scary. When I was young, it scared the socks off of me and I'd only play it in the morning. Now for your opinions.
---
Faster than lightning, easily says stuff backwards and can travel through time, it's Reversinator!
#2PowerCPosted 4/5/2009 3:33:31 PM
I'd say it's more scary.
I was always afraid of the foyer and the basement.
And those big ghosts make loud noise that always creeped me out.
#3Smashman45Posted 4/7/2009 11:35:59 AM
I agree it's a little more scary than humorous. Especially for someone maybe 5-under, like you said. They probably won't notice the supposed "Hanging Luigi" thing, though...
#4PowerCPosted 4/7/2009 3:08:36 PM
Can someone post a picture of the "shadow" of Luigi?
#5Reversinator(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2009 5:01:31 AM
Like I also said, I don't believe in the hanging Luigi shadow.
---
Faster than lightning, easily says stuff backwards and can travel through time, it's Reversinator!
#6Smashman45Posted 4/8/2009 5:57:37 AM
Just go on the images section, click on the 1st picture on the "Gamefaqs Reader Screenshots". That's basically it, though I admit it's kinda hard to make out, so I don't know what it is...
#7PowerCPosted 4/8/2009 9:09:38 AM
It looks more like just a shadow of Luigi. It probably looks strange because of some error.
#8PowerCPosted 4/8/2009 9:11:31 AM
Also, Luigi looks pretty freaky in this image:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/e3_2001/vg/gamecube/luigismansion/luigismansion_0518_screen030.jpg
#9Reversinator(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2009 1:37:09 PM
*stares at picture*
...Why did I have to see that? At least it was taken out. What do you suppose that screen was for anyways?
---
#10Smashman45Posted 4/8/2009 4:40:46 PM
Ah, Luigi's state of eternal depression. Strange picture, indeed. I believe it was shown on an old trailer for the game. I honestly don't know why he's like that though... (Constant ghosts lead to depression?????)