Poll: Which Luigi's Mansion do you like more?

#1huntertowePosted 1/18/2013 2:48:48 PM
The final version, or the beta? - Results (10 votes)
The Final Version
70% (7 votes)
The Beta
30% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The final version is amazing, but I think that the beta would have been a little better. I feel like they removed/changed too many things. Like how the vases that were originally going to be blue, I think it would've been better that way. And the safari room boss, that would've been very good in my opinion. Now I could make list of a lot of changes, or things that were removed. But I don't want to make everyone get bored reading this... (By the way, I know that Nintendo said that they remove the safari room boss because they didn't want to scare younger kids. And I also know what he said that many say probably would have been scary for younger kids.)
---
When you avoid the noid, good things happen. When you don't avoid the noid, bad things happen. And when you join the noid, terrible things happen... Avoid it...
#2DangerlessPosted 1/18/2013 5:26:04 PM(edited)
huntertowe posted...
The final version is amazing, but I think that the beta would have been a little better. I feel like they removed/changed too many things. Like how the vases that were originally going to be blue, I think it would've been better that way. And the safari room boss, that would've been very good in my opinion. Now I could make list of a lot of changes, or things that were removed. But I don't want to make everyone get bored reading this... (By the way, I know that Nintendo said that they remove the safari room boss because they didn't want to scare younger kids. And I also know what he said that many say probably would have been scary for younger kids.)

People always think a beta of any game seems better, which isn't true at all. There were some poorly implanted gimmicks in the beta for this game, one of which is the 'over-heating' on the vacuum and there was also a ghost that apparently could one hit kill you. Coins were ugly, they remind me of the coins from Wario World.

There isn't anything that really stands out in the beta, it seems nearly the same and what we got with the final version was far more polished.

The only thing that was actually a cool idea was the timer on the GB Horror in the beta.
---
Although the sky is blue, it's always black.
#3huntertowe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:47:06 AM
Dangerless posted...
huntertowe posted...

People always think a beta of any game seems better, which isn't true at all. There were some poorly implanted gimmicks in the beta for this game, one of which is the 'over-heating' on the vacuum and there was also a ghost that apparently could one hit kill you. Coins were ugly, they remind me of the coins from Wario World.

There isn't anything that really stands out in the beta, it seems nearly the same and what we got with the final version was far more polished.

The only thing that was actually a cool idea was the timer on the GB Horror in the beta.

Actually, most of the betas I know about I don't like as much as the final release of a game. Like Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Fusion, Super Mario World and Super Mario 64. And I agree with you on some of what you said, like the overheating on the vacuum being a poor gimmick. And to be honest, I didn't even know that there was a ghost that could one hit kill you. Of course though, I don't like idea of it. So, I like most games the way they are when they come out most. And I don't think everything in the beta of Luigi's Mansion is better, I just think that most of the things are better.
---
When you avoid the noid, good things happen. When you don't avoid the noid, bad things happen. And when you join the noid, terrible things happen... Avoid it...
#4DangerlessPosted 1/20/2013 5:48:27 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tipssE5WoyE - Here's a good list of things showed. It's not by Yuiroofthewind or whatever his name is.

If you watch through this, the majority part of the game actually remained the same and with a few tweaks. There isn't actually nothing too special in the beta. What actually sounds very interesting was the fact it was originally being developed for the N64 before getting canned.

As for the ghost who can one hit kill you, at around 2:09 there's a ghost who randomly appears often behind you and drains half your health. I can only assume but if the beta had a 'Hidden Mansion' mode, I'm pretty sure that ghost could one hit kill you.

Though, nothing is taken place on the third floors or basement in that video. I'm not sure how far development was in the game in those videos. So I'm assuming that access wasn't granted if this was in a playable stage.
---
Although the sky is blue, it's always black.
#5DarkMark42OPosted 1/25/2013 4:14:38 PM
I liked the purple ghost, would've made the game more exciting. It was too easy. Anyway betas always intrest me. I like comparing them to the final form.
---
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl