let's bring this board back from the dead

#11wellingtonPosted 5/9/2013 3:59:34 PM
superpikminbro7 posted...
still dead :/

---
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430
#12superpikminbro7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 9:59:29 PM
this board needs to come back life
---
3DS FRIEND CODE 0361-6033-8946 pm me if you added me
ACCF Steven @ Kitty 1765-1015-1756 pm me if you add me
#13zoogelioPosted 5/30/2013 5:54:03 PM
If this board is dead, could it not then haunt Luigi's Mansion?
#14SpikePosted 5/30/2013 10:27:18 PM
This board isn't coming back. The problem is that there is nothing to talk about anymore. Everything about this game is known. If it was an RPG or some other game that was more complex and had loads of little secrets then it would have a chance, but this game is very simple and very very short.

Even as a launch title for a system that was released in 2001, the fact that it was extremely short, combined with the fact that the unlockable "Hidden Mansion" was the exact same game with only 2 very minor changes, made this game very disappointing. It's a great game in that it is very fun to play, but those 2 flaws kind of crippled it, and that's really unfortunate.

The PAL version improved the Hidden Mansion mode, but it was still the exact same game. Everyone talks about how it's so much better then the NTSC version, but it's really only slightly better. All they did was add about 5 additional minor changes. I was not very impressed. The biggest and best changes are that they switched up which ghosts appeared in which rooms, stuck more ghosts into the rooms, and made the boss battles harder to increase the difficulty. The mansion being mirrored is pathetic. It only gives the illusion that the mansion is different when it's really the exact same thing.

Here's a list of things that I think they should have done for the Hidden Mansion mode:

1. Added new ghost types.

2. Switched the cheese wedges, random golden mouse appearances, and Speedy Spirits around.

3. Switched all the money around, hiding it in different spots.

4. Changed the order that you go through the rooms.

5. Added a few new portrait ghosts.

6. Added a few new rooms.

Sure, it would have taken more development time to make those kinds of changes, but I don't think it would have taken too long. Plus, it would have been worth it for sure. Can you honestly tell me that you wouldn't have loved to play a Hidden Mansion mode with those changes?
---
"They look so *** damn like the same person, I say to them "you want ice cream cones?" both of them say yes!" - Mario Twins
#15superpikminbro7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 12:18:20 AM
Spike posted...
This board isn't coming back. The problem is that there is nothing to talk about anymore. Everything about this game is known. If it was an RPG or some other game that was more complex and had loads of little secrets then it would have a chance, but this game is very simple and very very short.

Even as a launch title for a system that was released in 2001, the fact that it was extremely short, combined with the fact that the unlockable "Hidden Mansion" was the exact same game with only 2 very minor changes, made this game very disappointing. It's a great game in that it is very fun to play, but those 2 flaws kind of crippled it, and that's really unfortunate.

The PAL version improved the Hidden Mansion mode, but it was still the exact same game. Everyone talks about how it's so much better then the NTSC version, but it's really only slightly better. All they did was add about 5 additional minor changes. I was not very impressed. The biggest and best changes are that they switched up which ghosts appeared in which rooms, stuck more ghosts into the rooms, and made the boss battles harder to increase the difficulty. The mansion being mirrored is pathetic. It only gives the illusion that the mansion is different when it's really the exact same thing.

Here's a list of things that I think they should have done for the Hidden Mansion mode:

1. Added new ghost types.

2. Switched the cheese wedges, random golden mouse appearances, and Speedy Spirits around.

3. Switched all the money around, hiding it in different spots.

4. Changed the order that you go through the rooms.

5. Added a few new portrait ghosts.

6. Added a few new rooms.

Sure, it would have taken more development time to make those kinds of changes, but I don't think it would have taken too long. Plus, it would have been worth it for sure. Can you honestly tell me that you wouldn't have loved to play a Hidden Mansion mode with those changes?

i would love to play luigis mansion with your changes
you should make a fan made luigis mansion game with all that stuff :D
---
#16superpikminbro7(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 3:14:32 AM
:I still no one
---
#17SpikePosted 7/3/2013 7:30:07 AM
superpikminbro7 posted...
:I still no one

Nope. Like I said, there just isn't anything to discuss about this game anymore. It's a shame. It is a great game.
---
"They look so *** damn like the same person, I say to them "you want ice cream cones?" both of them say yes!" - Mario Twins
#18GraphGPosted 7/17/2013 5:53:10 PM
I bought this game a couple days ago because I thought I required LM save data on the same memory card on SSBM to a trophy in SSBM. Turns out I was wrong and now have a copy of this terrible game. I will play through it again to see if it is any better than I remember it.
---
I love GC especially PSO
"HUnewearls are crab infested whores." - Fossil
#19SpikePosted 8/14/2013 9:14:51 PM
GraphG posted...
I bought this game a couple days ago because I thought I required LM save data on the same memory card on SSBM to a trophy in SSBM. Turns out I was wrong and now have a copy of this terrible game. I will play through it again to see if it is any better than I remember it.

It's not a terrible game. That's ridiculous. I think what you're trying to say is that the game isn't your cup of tea. For example, I've never liked the Sonic the Hedgehog series, nor do I like games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. I do not find them fun to play, but I'd be a fool to say they are bad games. They're just not for me.
---
#20Vegeta9005Posted 8/26/2013 12:39:12 PM
This game is good on Normal Mansion mode, but the gallery ghost are so hard to catch to have the gold frame and the Hidden Mansion mode is really fun and easy. ;)
---
Red is a Pokemon Master.
Ash is a failure who, after 600 episodes, has not accomplished much. (At least he have Eternal Youth I guess.)