Differences between Pc and PS2 version?

#1PhilR1Posted 1/10/2008 5:37:05 AM
Hi,

Believe it or not but i have only just got round to playing this as i've had xbox and 360 for all my gaming purposes until my girlfriend got me a ps2 for Christmas so i could play Deus Ex and Half-Life.

I've been trying to follow a couple of guides for Deus Ex, one of those being the Gamespot guide (which seems very poor imo) but there seems to be some major differences between ps2 and pc.

For example the inventory seems different to the pc version and a section in Hell's Kitchen when you go to Osgood's warehouse.

So what other differences are there?

Cheers
#2Millers CPosted 1/12/2008 2:06:56 PM
Following a guide may ruin your experience of a fatastic game. Proceed with caution.
---
I haven't killed anybody...since 1984.
#3yakuza281Posted 1/22/2008 5:34:44 PM
i agree with millers c using a guide kind of ruins the experience because your just following instructions not doing it your way
---
"Eidos Confirms Deus Ex 3 in Development 11/26/2007"
Can't wait *Started 11/29/07* (Heres hoping for a wii launch)
#4Itgoesto11Posted 1/24/2008 1:36:02 PM
Following a guide may ruin your experience of a fatastic game. Proceed with caution.

Hey, now. There's no need to make fun of Deus Ex's large rump. Be nice, man.
---
So wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes
#5Fig455Posted 2/4/2008 10:35:18 AM
I am not trying to be funny, but why bother with a freaking PS2? Half-Life and DX are cheap as hell and can be ran w/no problems on even integrated video cards. Unless your PC is 5+ years old, you could just play the SUPERIOR PC versions...
---
If Deus Ex were a drug, I'd be strung out from here till doomsday. _ DX Chick
#6SoleGravePosted 2/8/2008 9:37:30 PM
I had the PC version and It had much bigger levels. The Ps2 had hacked things up but gave character models a face lift. Overall the PC version was a better game but the Ps2 version was much easier to play due to cleverly mapped controls.