This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want it to rain

#1PayneKillerPosted 7/31/2008 7:15:28 AM
no.. I need it to rain.. I want those 15K fossil fish so I can beat my cousins to finish paying off Nook and get the gold statue. It was raining for me yesterday morning and I fished my way to the basement and then the attic to catch up with them. Now it stopped and I have the biggest debt to pay off (728K). They got 650K and 555K left to pay off and they come this evening. I want them to see how massive my house has gotten and the gold statue. How can I make it rain again??
#2PayneKiller(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2008 8:30:37 AM
Also, how do you catch Jellyfish?
#3legolas129Posted 7/31/2008 10:41:52 AM
You can't 'make it rain'
---
I Reject Your Reality.
#4PayneKiller(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2008 11:03:41 AM
ya but is there any specific day it is guaranteed to rain or something?
And how do you catch Jellyfish? The guide says something like the second of August, I fast forwarded to that day and dont see any in the sea..
#5Super Sonic 5Posted 7/31/2008 11:48:13 AM
No.
#6coylenintendoPosted 8/3/2008 11:52:30 AM

if you're trying to pay off your debt then it's not worth waiting for a fish that's worth 15,000 bells. just catch a whole bunch of fish that a worth a few thousand bells. like red snappers aren't too hard to find in the ocean and they're worth 3,000 bells. barred knifejaws are out sometime during the night and are found in the ocean and are worth 5,000 bells. saw stag, flag stag, and mountain beetles are easy to find and are worth 2,000 bells each. the giant beetles come out after 11pm if you're playing at that time. they're worth 10,000 bells if you feel like searching around for one. and also, fossils are worth like anywhere between 1,000 bells and 6,000 bells if you get one you already donated or if you just don't care about the museum yet. and btw, it always seems to rain on random days. you can't actually make it rain.

and as for jellyfish, they're worth only 100 bells and they come out during the 2nd HALF of August. not during August 2nd. that would've been like.. really unfair if it was like that cause that would be one day out of the whole year to catch them. just wait until the 2nd half of August to catch one, i'm not sure which day they start coming out.

#7Kittyangel44Posted 8/4/2008 6:22:07 AM
you'd be amazed at how much you can rack up on shells and non-native fruit (takes 4 days for a tree to mature, 3 days to re-generate). I always collect shells - even when Nook is closed and toss them on the ground whereever (but out of the F acres). The better your feng shui is, the better luck you'll have in catching big bell fish and bugs.
---
how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
#8bowsersenemyPosted 8/4/2008 8:59:30 AM
i see you're not wanting to cheat, so i'll leave that out of this.

there is no true way to make it rain, but keep an eye on the bulletin board. sometimes they post the weather there.

when it DOES rain, fish the ocean only. you'll catch loads of red snappers and barred knifejaws, not to mention a few coelecanths (the 15,000 bell fish). you'll be bathing in bells in no time.

also, it's a good idea to fish in the evening. idk why, but you get more of the Reds and Knifejaws then. trust me, a bunch of those, is better than 1 coelecanth, which is somewhat rare.
#9kyled31Posted 8/4/2008 1:25:05 PM
Well if you aren't against using codes I'd use the 30,000 bell cheat three times daily, or just save and quit and do it multiple times one day. The code if you would like to use my idea is-------- WB28pARAcnownU jMCK%hTk8JHyrT
#10megamangaeaPosted 8/5/2008 6:48:19 PM
^ I memorized that code and the turnip code and after all these years I still don't have 999 billion :P

Listen to coylenintendo, if you want bells: only fish the ocean, raining or not only fish the ocean.