This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guide: Moving Out Particular Villagers From Your Town!

#1UnfoolishPosted 7/15/2013 3:41:39 PM
Introduction: I will start by saying that you can move out particular villagers of your choice. Let's say there's this annoying villager that is rude, annoying or irritating you and no matter what you do: you hit them with the net, push them around, write mean letters, avoid them, lure them into a pitfall deliberately...they never move away. Well, that is because you can't move them out this way naturally. If you are thinking about visiting another Town, sometimes you will have a villagers example like Bubbles who will ask you that she is looking for a new opportunity, explore new horizons, would like a nice change..this is the cue that she is thinking about moving if you are having a conversation with her, usually the options are take the risk or don't go. If you want her to move out then tell her the option, this is the cue that if you happen to visit another Town, she will be the one moving out when you do take the trip. Now if you're like I love Bubbles, I want her to stay and I don't want her to go. It's this annoying villager Gaston I want to get rid of him, not Bubbles! Good news, my guide will tell you how to make it happen!

About Me: I played Animal Crossing in September 2002 when this game came out. Because of this game I registered for GameFAQS, this site has changed over the years. I do miss the classic purple festive layout. These boards were filled with posts, players were trading furniture, fruit, codes. I loved how you can interact with other users with exchanging codes sending items, it was fun. Now there were topics how players were irritated with some of their villagers, it seems no one was happy with their town. We had people who cried that their favorite villager Mitzi, Bob moved out while the jerks like Octavian, Astrid stayed in their Town. Believe me, I get attached to my favorite villagers, I don't want them to move out, weird as it sounds you have bonded with them someway. During that time, someone found out how to move out the villagers you want out of your town. When it was discovered, everyone was super happy because you can choose how you can live in harmony. When I started using the discovery, I was able to keep 14 of my beloved villagers from 2002 until 2009, my memory card corrupted and I lost it all.

Inspired Again: After I lost everything which included my Town layout, my 14 beloved villagers, my upgraded house, my furniture, my rare items...I was depressed because that was 7 years of work. In 2012 last year, I wanted to rebuild what I have lost. After a hopeless search trying to find my exact Town layout... I gave up on it so I decided to settle with something new. I stumbled across a 3 level Town, I never seen it before. It looked real beautiful. I settled. Now I wanted to have my original 14 villagers that I hold dearest to my heart. I came on to this board and found ZERO evidence of the moving villagers away topics. It was as if it never existed. I remembered doing it before but no one seem to even recall it. Then now I saw some topics players being frustrated with their villagers, it was like reliving it all over again. I did not remember how to do it but I had to think in the deepest part of my memory how to reconstruct it step by step. For one, I know it will be time consuming trying to get my original villagers since the database of animals is like 200+ if I remember correctly. It will be worth it in the end when I will feel reunited with my villagers. Last year, I was going to test stuff out but I failed through it and time went on and I forgot about it. A year later today, I am going to follow through this time because I wanted to make it happen. Last week, I ran the tests. It was very successful. Good news, I rediscovered how you can move villagers out by your choice safely. It's guaranteed and you will be very satisfied. A few requirements are needed for it to work. Leave this guide open, I will be happy to answer any questions.
#2Unfoolish(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 3:42:54 PM
Animal Crossing Villagers: The maximum number of villagers you can have in your Town is 15. The first 14 will remain in your Town forever unless you travel into another Town. The 15th villager which is the one who moved in recently will always move out if you stay stagnant, it will continuously rotate with a new villager who moves in. Once you are happy with 14 villagers you want to keep forever, always expect the 15th villager to be a rotating cycle type. This is how I kept my beloved 14 villagers for 7 years of my life.

My Original Town and Villagers: A little background of my Town, my native fruit were Apples. My original villagers were Fang, Rhoda, Goldie, Cookie, Bubbles, Anchovy, Mitzi, Bill, Pudge, Kiki, Chief, Freya, Midge, Wolfgang then a 15th rotating villager. I guess I can call my town filled with dogs, wolves and cats! I truly miss them. From this guide, I am hoping to reunite with my villagers but in a new totally different Town, amazing layout it now is.

Moving Villagers Method Requirements: You will need your original Town memory card, you will need another Town in a second memory card, you will need a blank memory card (one without an Animal Crossing Town). In total you will need 3 memory cards in order for this to work. In your primary Town, you will need yourself and another neighbor basically 2 players of 4 neighbors in your town.

My Experimental Test Results: In my primary Town, my villagers are Pierce, Tabby, Penny, Leigh, Billy, Kabuki, Spike, Hambo, Alli, Sven, Lucy, Nosegay, Friga, Eloise, Hazel. As you can see, none of my original 14 villagers are listed. So basically I am free to chose whoever will move into my second memory card Town. I ran the test about ten times, essentially moving all my villagers to the other Town and in return, new villagers moved in.

Traveling Method: What you need to do first is play your Primary Town in the first slot A and insert a Blank Memory Card in slot B. What this does it saves your travel data into the the blank memory card. My main character is Liz, my neighbor is Geri. First, I am playing Liz and head over to the Train Station and talk to Porter the Train Station monkey. He will be saving your travel data in the blank memory card in Slot B. This will skip your entire scene with the cat Tom inside of the train. Now you will see Liz inside the train basically traveling to nowhere as it disappears. You will now be directed at the main menu like restarting Animal Crossing. Take out the blank Memory Card in Slot B. Now load your Town, and the villager will ask who you are. Do not say you are Liz. Instead, say that you are Geri the neighbor. It will load the game and you are now playing Geri, the other neighbor instead of your main character. Now, CHECK your Town Map. Memorize your current 15 villagers, WHO in the map is missing? If the missing villager is someone you want to move out, save and quit the game. If the missing villager is someone you do not want to move out, save and quit the game. I checked WHO is missing on my map, it said Sven. I did not care so I want Sven to move out. Since I want Sven to move out. Insert your second Town memory card in Slot A, and insert the blank memory card in Slot B, the one with your travel data. Your main character will arrive in your second Town at the train station. Talk to Porter the monkey and board the train station again to leave and return to your Primary Town. Now Porter will save your travel data in the blank memory card in Slot B. You will now board the train and leave. Remove your secondary Town memory card from Slot A. Now insert your Primary Town memory card in Slot A. You will see your character return to your town. CHECK your map, according to the map when you checked it with your second character neighbor, it was Sven who was missing. Sven should now be gone from your Town. It was Sven who was on that train who moved to your secondary Town.
#3Unfoolish(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 3:43:36 PM
Wrong Villager Moving! Not This One!: By checking who was missing in your town map when you checked it with your neighbor character, you will see if the character missing is who you want out of your Town or the one you want to keep. If I wanted to keep Sven, ALL you have to do is keep your Primary Town memory card in Slot A and the blank memory card with your travel data in Slot B. You will see your main character return to your train station as if they never left in the first place. This will ensure that you did not want the villager missing in your map to leave your Town. REPEAT this step until you find the villager you want to move out. This is how you choose which villager you want to move out into the second Town.

Memory Card Flowchart:
1.) Slot A: Primary Town
Slot B: Blank Memory Card
Purpose: This saves your travel data into the blank memory card. Remove the Blank Memory Card when you are at the load screen, then check the map which villager is missing under your second character neighbor. If the villager is not who you want out, put back Primary Town in Slot A and Blank Memory Card in Slot B. You will return to your Town so that villager never left. Repeat this until the villager you want out is on board of that train.

2.) Slot A: Secondary Town
Slot B: Blank Memory Card
Purpose: If the villager is the one you want to move out after you checked out the map, insert your Secondary Town in Slot A and keep the Blank Memory Card in Slot B. This will make sure that the villager who was missing in your map, the one you want out will be moving into your Secondary Town. Now leave the train station, your travel data will be saved on Slot B. At the load screen, remove your Secondary Town from Slot A and insert your Primary Town in Slot A. This will ensure that the villager you wanted gone (the missing one in your map check) will leave your Town once and for all.

My Results: I traveled many times back and forth using the travel method as I explained above. I moved out these characters Sven, Lucy, Leigh, Billy, Nosegay, Eloise, Spike and I time travel changed the clock forward to see who moves in and the new villagers had moved into my town Derwin, Chevre, Anicotti, Bob, Gwen, Rosie, Octavian. My search to restore my original 14 villagers will be a long and hard road as this will be time consuming for me. But for those of you who want to move villagers out quick and easy, please do enjoy!

Conclusion: Well the guide is finally here today. I'm still in shock I could not find any archives of this method which was really known back in 2003. I'm glad to be basically the only one who remembered such a thing to help you all out as well with myself. If you have any questions, feel free to post here and possibly request to sticky this topic so this way this won't vanish again. If you tried my method out, please post your results I love to hear what stories you have and finally getting the relief moving out the villager you want gone. I remember one of mine, I truly disliked Astrid, she was the first villager who was rude to me and no matter how many times I smacked her with the net and threw her in the Pitfall trap, she just never leave, it was always someone else. The day I moved her out with this travel method was pure bliss! With that said, I hope you all get to experience the joy of controlling your Town who stays and leaves especially if you get attached to certain villagers, you don't want them to leave you!
#4donarPosted 7/16/2013 12:05:12 AM
This is awesome.

It makes sense and all it really takes is some patience to find the villager you want. (There are 218 I think, according to the Neighbors FAQ, scroll down to Section 9 to see the full Animals list)

This seems to be the key part:

Unfoolish posted...
Now, CHECK your Town Map. Memorize your current 15 villagers, WHO in the map is missing?

Again, that is awesome that you can check that with the 2nd player (real neighbor) while the 1st player is out on the travel data.

But I'm not sure you meant to end the next 2 sentences both with save/quit? Here:

Unfoolish posted...
If the missing villager is someone you want to move out, save and quit the game. If the missing villager is someone you do not want to move out, save and quit the game.

If you really meant it like that then you could have just put "save and quit whether or not".

Anyway, I do pretty much understand how it works though, you helped explain it more in the "Wrong Villager Moving! Not This One!" section. I assume it picks from the 15 randomly and you just keep checking with the 2nd player until it is on the one you want to move out. Then you keep going to the 2nd town until you get one of the 218 animals you want?
---
#5Unfoolish(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 8:07:58 PM
donar posted...
This is awesome.

It makes sense and all it really takes is some patience to find the villager you want. (There are 218 I think, according to the Neighbors FAQ, scroll down to Section 9 to see the full Animals list)

This seems to be the key part:

Unfoolish posted...
Now, CHECK your Town Map. Memorize your current 15 villagers, WHO in the map is missing?

Again, that is awesome that you can check that with the 2nd player (real neighbor) while the 1st player is out on the travel data.

But I'm not sure you meant to end the next 2 sentences both with save/quit? Here:

Unfoolish posted...
If the missing villager is someone you want to move out, save and quit the game. If the missing villager is someone you do not want to move out, save and quit the game.

If you really meant it like that then you could have just put "save and quit whether or not".

Anyway, I do pretty much understand how it works though, you helped explain it more in the "Wrong Villager Moving! Not This One!" section. I assume it picks from the 15 randomly and you just keep checking with the 2nd player until it is on the one you want to move out. Then you keep going to the 2nd town until you get one of the 218 animals you want?

Yeah, that is correct. You will check which villager is missing from your town which is on the blank memory card travel data in Slot B.

If it's the right villager you want to move out, just go to the Gyroid and exit the game. That is basically what I meant to day. If it's the wrong villager, just do the same thing except now you have to put back your Primary Town in Slot A and blank memory card travel data in Slot B. Exit the screen, talk to the villager and say you are the main character, not the neighbor. You will now see your main character arriving back to your Primary Town at the train station... he/she essentially traveled to nowhere and came back.

As far as traveling to the other secondary town, just keep traveling there until you 'cleanse' your Primary Town from villager you do not want. Fast forward the clock a day or two, some new villager will be in your Primary Town. There is a lot of villager type animals so you can imagine how time consuming it can be. 14 is the max you will keep forever, the 15th villager the more recent one will always rotate with a new villager replacement.
#6SSJ2 DarkPosted 7/17/2013 6:27:20 AM
I'm having difficult getting villagers to move back into my town. I had a town of 15, brought it down to the minimum of 5 by traveling, then TTed one day at a time. After about a month, I only had one new villager move in (and I even found Wisp so my town would be perfect again).

How are you getting villagers to move in? Is it better if I go from 15 to 14 villagers, then TT to get back to 15? Does it matter that I'm just deleting my travel data to get rid of the villager?
---
3DS FC: 2277-6643-3911
True strength comes in response to a need, not a desire. - Goku
#7Unfoolish(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 10:20:21 AM
SSJ2 Dark posted...
I'm having difficult getting villagers to move back into my town. I had a town of 15, brought it down to the minimum of 5 by traveling, then TTed one day at a time. After about a month, I only had one new villager move in (and I even found Wisp so my town would be perfect again).

How are you getting villagers to move in? Is it better if I go from 15 to 14 villagers, then TT to get back to 15? Does it matter that I'm just deleting my travel data to get rid of the villager?
You have to talk to the new villager that moved into your town and introduce yourself. From that point on just time travel forward so you can get a new one every day that will move in.
#8donarPosted 7/24/2013 3:39:56 AM
bump
---
#9piranhapetePosted 7/26/2013 1:00:53 AM
Awesome post!!! WOW!!! Thank you!!!! And the story was inspiring, too! ^^
---
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen!
So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
#10Unfoolish(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 7:51:59 PM
Has anyone tried this out yet? What are your results if done?