Is the gameplay similar to Spongebob Squarepants: BfBB?

#1ultimatekeyPosted 11/23/2010 10:44:45 PM
If you guys ever played Spongebob Squarepants: Battle For Bikini Bottom and JandD:TPL, you will notice that they have the same gameplay. I played BfBB before TPL. I mean the power cells reminded me of golden spatulas. The fly scouts reminded me Patrick's socks. The precursor orbs reminded me of shiny objects. The precursor statue reminded me Mr. Krabs. The battle with the giant precursor robot at the end reminded me the robot boss fights in BfBB. Am I the only one who notices this?
#2silly_sausagePosted 11/24/2010 5:17:57 PM
I've got no idea, I've never played a Spongebob game before, bu the way you described it sounds kinda cool, with like, lots of collectibles and stuff. If I ever see Battle for Bikini Bottom in store, I might just buy it. And if it's anywhere near as fun as this game, all the better.
---
John Lennon - 1940 - Infinity
#3ultimatekey(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2010 5:19:37 PM
Yeah, you should buy and play that game. It is one of the best and funnest games of Spongebob.
#4ecnal79Posted 11/27/2010 4:45:56 PM
He's not taught new moves by a man made out of bubbles though.
---
Insert Coin for hug.
#5ecnal79Posted 11/27/2010 4:47:24 PM
Also there isn't three playable characters with different abilities.
---
Insert Coin for hug.
#6cbikPosted 11/28/2010 2:18:15 PM
hmm... I never noticed the connection between the two.
---
dogtags: BC1: 252 BC2: over 500
Anger is like pee in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel it.
#7ultimatekey(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2010 8:14:47 PM
And another thing

If you get 100 out of 101 power cells, you unlock the secret ending

In BfBB, if you get 100 golden spatulas, which is all of the golden spatulas, you unlock a secret ending which is Spongebob and friends singing the theme song in the Krusty Krab.

When Jak goes through the lava level by riding through it and riding through the level before going inside the volcano, it reminds me of Spongebob, Sandy, and Patrick sledding through some levels like Sand Mountain, Kelp Forest, Spongebob Dreams, etc.