Xtreme mode - What does it do?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X6
  3. Xtreme mode - What does it do?

User Info: HueyFreman

HueyFreman
5 years ago#1
For some reason, I'm having trouble finding what the difference is. I realize I haven't played this mode before so I want to give it a shot though.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong. We just keep doin the wrong thing until it turns out right!
- Ed Wuncler

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
5 years ago#2
Bosses have more vitality and some extra attacks, I think.

There are probably other differences, but that's all I know.
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.

User Info: Redmage1987

Redmage1987
5 years ago#3
I have been asking around about this myself. Xtreme mode on X6 will take some time to get used to. I hear the enemies do more damage to you, but I haven't tested this myself yet. I was thinking about recording a run through normal mode and then playing it back side by side with a run of Xtreme to see how many differences I could find that way.
The Old School Video Game King!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Redmage1987

User Info: DAMIDDLEFINGER

DAMIDDLEFINGER
5 years ago#4
Stuff the second poster said, plus enemies don't drop items when you kill them.
Not changing this sig until MegaMan Legends 3 is released. Started on 10/23/2011.

User Info: Redmage1987

Redmage1987
5 years ago#5
And they take more hits to kill. A Nightmare now takes 1 Fully Charged Shot and 1 Normal Shot to kill.
The Old School Video Game King!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Redmage1987

User Info: HueyFreman

HueyFreman
5 years ago#6
Rainy Turtloid is a pain in the ***!

He follows you pretty rapidly and adding the rain to that simply makes it worse. This is pretty fun. I think I'm going to combine this with a weapons only run.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong. We just keep doin the wrong thing until it turns out right!
- Ed Wuncler

User Info: DAMIDDLEFINGER

DAMIDDLEFINGER
5 years ago#7
Yeah, the bosses have added attacks or added support. For example, Ground Scaravich has purple rocks that can't be destroyed on Extreme mode. Also, I swear that it is impossible to kill Infinity Mijinion with only uncharged buster shots on Extreme, as he ALWAYS just used his recovery move when I drained his health to 75%.
Not changing this sig until MegaMan Legends 3 is released. Started on 10/23/2011.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X6
  3. Xtreme mode - What does it do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived