Game Crashes on Startup.

#1013870Posted 12/23/2009 10:51:17 AM
Just bought it off Steam thanks to the Christmas deals, but whenever I try to start it it crashes and says it's not responding. My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 with up to date drivers.
Help will be appreciated. :)
#2KalirionPosted 12/23/2009 1:41:08 PM
That sucks, I just bought it off steam too, but haven't downloaded it yet. Have you tried Steam forums/support?

Also, see if there's an extra executable or config file or something with graphics settings you could tinker with.

Finally you can always try to disable everything for that specific game through NVIDIA control panel's 3d settings.
---
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George HW Bush
#3KalirionPosted 12/23/2009 8:08:35 PM
Well, it works for me. XP Pro 32 with 8800GT. Had one crash from inside game so far. Messed up the graphics so had to restart the game and quit before they went back to normal. And the opening video doesn't play after I enabled the widescreen option in the cfg file. But otherwise game works fine.
---
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George HW Bush