Can I skip the Dark Forces games and go straight to this?

#1Omega Weapon 2kPosted 1/19/2012 8:05:48 PM
Or do I need to play those to understand what's going on in this game as well as Jedi Academy?
---
Durka derp.
#2luigi4728Posted 1/19/2012 9:19:58 PM(edited)
there are a few things that might confuse you a little if you dont play them but other then that your fine theres barely any reference to dark forces in academy there might be a few characters in this game that appear in academy but again nothing major i would still play dark forces if you can still great games that is if you can get them working properly im still having problems with the game myself *Sigh*
---
werewolfs like sandwiches
#3Psalm51Posted 1/21/2012 4:44:28 AM
Yes, both games have stand-alone stories and knowledge of what has gone before isn't needed. Jedi Outcast is a hard and long game (you will likely need to use a FAQ to help with the puzzles.) Jedi Academy is easier, shorter and gets rid of most of the puzzles found in JO.
---
King David, the enigma. Me? I don't think so...
#4luigi4728Posted 1/21/2012 12:41:20 PM
Psalm51 posted...
Yes, both games have stand-alone stories and knowledge of what has gone before isn't needed. Jedi Outcast is a hard and long game (you will likely need to use a FAQ to help with the puzzles.) Jedi Academy is easier, shorter and gets rid of most of the puzzles found in JO.

this i needed to noclip to get through some and i cant even get past some of the levels without using the undying code to get 999 hp and im on padawan...maybe i just suck and need some practice but yeah academy is alot easier
---
#5Psalm51Posted 1/21/2012 1:15:09 PM
Yep, Jedi Outcast is one tough game. I have bad memories of the first Nar Shadda level, which comes directly after Kyle gets his lightsabre. The one Force power you need in/for that level is Force Heal 1 and that is one of the powers you don't get!
---
#6luigi4728Posted 1/21/2012 1:51:15 PM
Psalm51 posted...
Yep, Jedi Outcast is one tough game. I have bad memories of the first Nar Shadda level, which comes directly after Kyle gets his lightsabre. The one Force power you need in/for that level is Force Heal 1 and that is one of the powers you don't get!

when do you get more force powers? force heal is a savior im gonna start a new game starting from the force power training and TRY to go without cheats to save my skin and my sanity ill go on padawan i still havent ever seen past the nar shaada levels (f*ck you reelo and your damn turrets and seemingly endless amounts of troops)
---
#7Psalm51Posted 1/22/2012 1:55:15 AM
Sadly, Force Heal becomes available about half-way through the game. Check the FAQ for more exact information. Yes, Jedi Outcast is truly a hard game and the puzzles are as obtuse as the combat is hard. I better add that I always play games on normal or hardened difficulty. My suggestion is to play Jedi Academy, as that is an easier game, doesn't have hard non-combat puzzles and you get to choose what Force Powers you have!
---