This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In the begining of the game...

#1zbleach120Posted 6/6/2009 11:55:31 AM
I want to start playing this game again but more for the story really, i dont just want to watch youtube vids of it tho. I remeber you could pick the items in the begining (sword, shield, staff) and sacrifice them and depending on what u did there, u would have an easier time with leveling up or something...? i just want to know wats the 2 best things to pick for an easier game, plz help :0
#2overlordofemoPosted 6/6/2009 12:38:00 PM
Well the thing with the leveling was not the picking of the weapons. In order to choose how you level up, you manipulate the sequence where you're running between selphie, tidus, and wakka, and answering their different questions. Depending on how you answer, you can get
~standard, normal leveling
~"quick leveling at the beginning, tougher at the end" leveling
~"slow at the beginning, easier at the end" leveling.

As for the weapons, I'm pretty sure that decides what part of you will be the disadvantaged part. If you picked to claim the sword, and reliquished the shield for example, you'd be a stronger attacker with a bit of a weaker defense.

Also, I'm pretty sure it might dictate when you get certain skills (or that might just be the second game, i'm not sure). Either way, you will get all of the skills no matter what path, just at different times.

Honestly, as for this thing, it really doesn't matter what you pick, as long as you don't pick strong defense with weak magic..... It isn't terrible if you pick this, but it'll make it much harder for you to cure yourself I think.

Someone validate what I just said? Or tell me I'm wrong?
---
'Why do you think Riku keeps his one hand like that? Why do you think that particular hand is bandaged? His wrist is overworked. Duh.' ~rpgownitizer
#3viragedestroyerPosted 6/6/2009 12:56:17 PM
Most of what overlord says is correct. although,
-if you choose to go for faster levelling in the beginning, you will level up faster from levels 1 to 40, and slower from then on. it's opposite if you choose slow levelling.

About the weapons, sounds about right. After reading alot, most people that relenquish the shield regret it. You have to be really good at dodging to avoid dying in most situations (that is, if you give up shield).

Which weapon you choose does affect when you learn abilities. I always choose Shield and give up Sword, because the first ability I get is guard, and I absolutely depend on it. And I don't care much for dealing alot of damage at once.

And about the Curing and dropping the Wand. You simply have less MP. It will make it harder to Cure if you drop the Wand, if you're not using MP Rage, because you'll be running out of MP more often.

Certainly you could just go check a guide here for all this information. I direct you here for all you need to know about what to choose and those awkwardly personal questions from Sora's friends :D

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/516587/19614

---
"The hotel of your mind has many vacancies"
-Animaniacs
#4overlordofemoPosted 6/6/2009 1:02:26 PM
So it's not that your magic is weaker, just that you get less MP as a whole?

And thanks for clearing things up too :D
---
'Why do you think Riku keeps his one hand like that? Why do you think that particular hand is bandaged? His wrist is overworked. Duh.' ~rpgownitizer
#5EnglishLanguagPosted 6/6/2009 2:33:30 PM
If you want max possible stats,should go for staff. Anything but staff nets you one less MP total that you can never get,while sword and shield get you attack and defense which can easily be replaced by a few Attack and Defense UPs.
---
No E because max letter limit is mean.
Currently doing:RevenantSSCC(FFT,Goug Machine City),SerpentariusSSCC(FFT Velius),Bat**** Challenge(FFT Mandalia)
#6EnglishLanguagPosted 6/6/2009 2:34:23 PM
Yeah,if the one less MP doesn't bother you,you can just pick depending on the abilities gotten.
---
No E because max letter limit is mean.
Currently doing:RevenantSSCC(FFT,Goug Machine City),SerpentariusSSCC(FFT Velius),Bat**** Challenge(FFT Mandalia)
#7Tommy2GoGoPosted 6/7/2009 3:45:29 AM
I gave up shield! I'll admit it's harder. One or two hits from a boss and you're death. I rely on aero a lot. It works though.