This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best place for Bright Crystals?

#1protomole64Posted 1/9/2010 11:30:03 AM
I've been using the whole Electrospecter guide on Traverse Town, however I need strictly bright crystals! Any recommendations? Considering only 3 in there, it's just too much of a hassle...

However, after the defenders came, I got 2 wizard relics in one hallway run XD worthless though, already have one... =D
---
Q9450 @ 3.5ghz || 750GB SpinPoint F1 || New HAF 932 || HD 4870 @ 900/1250 (Musashi Cooler) || Xigmatek S1283
#2dandy_gandy_270Posted 1/9/2010 12:48:41 PM
Traverse Town post-Hollow Bastion. Do a loop of Second District to the Hotel to the Gizmo Shop back to Second District. Tons of Defenders show up. Also equip every Lucky Strike ability you have and be prepared for a long grind. That's the best way I found to get them.
---
"I don't get it. How do you drown a goldfish?"-nayr626
"Xigbar can do whatever the hell he wants"-Xienzo
#3SinisterSandmanPosted 1/10/2010 7:54:45 PM
Traverse Town post-Hollow Bastion. Do a loop of Second District to the Hotel to the Gizmo Shop back to Second District. Tons of Defenders show up. Also equip every Lucky Strike ability you have and be prepared for a long grind. That's the best way I found to get them.

Except after the Gizmo shop: roof it to the upper entrance of the Third District, then loop back from there by jumping down into the middle and either going up to the Second again or through the First.
---
Marvel Sandman. Fo'Shore. Pun!
"Cloud's object of desire was 6 inches in front of him, as was Sephy's" - alien_gundamneo
#4dandy_gandy_270Posted 1/11/2010 1:45:45 PM
Do you really need to add that extra step, though? The Gizmo Shop is two areas away from the hotel and thus respawns the Heartless there already, so I see no reason to add that in. Unless there are more Defenders in Third District? I can't remember rightly at the mo'.
---
#5SinisterSandmanPosted 1/11/2010 6:06:16 PM
Third District spawns one, followed by three more in a further wave, IIRC.

So four for dropping down really, especially since Superglide makes the rooftops a cinch, and even Glide makes it easier than hotelling.

Defenders in TT only spawn at the Hotel corridor and the Third District. Wizards only in the Hotel and the Alleyway. Wyverns and Search Ghosts in the Second District, and Darkballs in the Third and Hotel rooms.

Not so sure about the hotel rooms, since I avoid them like the plague.

And all of the above appear in the Gizmo shop, of course. Defenders included.
---
"Cloud's object of desire was 6 inches in front of him, as was Sephy's" - alien_gundamneo
#6dandy_gandy_270Posted 1/12/2010 6:25:17 PM
Oh, okay. Then, yeah, adding that would be a good idea.
---
#7falconesquePosted 1/14/2010 6:59:37 AM
Yeah, itís a good grind. But sometimes I go for the speed route through the Hotel instead, aiming for more defenders per minute. Hallway > Red Room > Green Room > Hallway. Distance from entrance to exit through the two rooms is only a few steps, then youíre facing three defenders again.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King
#8dandy_gandy_270Posted 1/14/2010 1:35:10 PM
I did that one for a while, but I dropped it after about 10 minutes in favor of my above-posted Gizmo Shop run. I dunno why I stopped that, but I did.
---
#9SinisterSandmanPosted 1/14/2010 1:44:17 PM
Camera angles, probably.
---
#10falconesquePosted 1/15/2010 7:30:30 AM
Ran out of No-Doz(r), more likely. Itís a boring grind. What annoys me most is the lack of elbow room, being knocked into doors, leaving stuff on the floor. But itís a good Zen exercise, ooohm.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King