This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can i just skip Atlantis?

#11Saphire_KitsunePosted 6/9/2010 7:13:39 AM
Why would anyone want to skip atlantica? That's one of my fav levels (half dolphin sora ftw.)
#12CrystalgatePosted 6/9/2010 11:07:16 AM
I've never skipped a world, but from what I've heard you can neglect to finish one of Monstro, Atlantica or Halloween Town.

If you want to breeze trough Atlantica, I suggest you progress trough the game until right before the enemies become stronger. Then just abort whatever you're doing and take care of Atlantica.
#13Power Turtle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2010 11:14:53 AM
thats one of YOUR favorite levels. i really dislike the movie and i really HATE the world.
but i went ahead and did it once i got to level 45. Hey hey, easy as pie.
#14Power Turtle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2010 11:15:28 AM
thats one of YOUR favorite levels. i really dislike the movie and i really HATE the world.
but i went ahead and did it once i got to level 45. Hey hey, easy as pie.
#15GenesisSagaPosted 6/9/2010 2:18:23 PM
No, if you want to eventually move on in the game, the keyhole in Atlantica needs locking.
Really? O_o I was under the impression that one of the three interchangable worlds was optional, considering Neverland opens after only two are completed. I've never tried to skip a world (perfectionist), but I always thought the option was there...

If you want to try out the leveling tips for the Coliseum, you want to complete everything in Monstro until you're forceably ejected, so the Pegasus Cup offers you more options.
This...

Your level is fine for that point in the story, BTW, especially if the wight knight swarms are all that give you problems in Halloween Town. Atlantica's Battle LV is a star less strong, after all.
And this, I emphatically agree with.

The Armored Torso (main section of Guard Armor) awards 150 exp points each time you defeat it in the Coliseum, which is great for levels 1-20, but eventually, you are going to need to take on some stronger opponents. for that I suggest Leon and Yuffie. Leon offers 400 exp points, while Yuffie grants 300, for a total of 700 for one match!!! Warning: This is still quite difficult, so beware! If you've unlocked the Hercules Cup, then note that Hercules also offers 700 exp, and his fight is quite a bit easier...

And like falconesque stated, Atlantica is technically easier than Halloween Town, even if you find Atlantica more annoying. Personally, even though I prefer Halloween Town's atmosphere and music to Atlantica, those Wight Knights have caused me to stare open-mouthed at the "Continue?" screen more times than I can count. I hate those things! >:(

and i never knew you could slelect your battle in the tournament (maybe cause i never did the time trials) other than the hades cup!

i didnt know that either,i might go through each of the tournemants and try that.thanks for that genesis

You're both welcome. :)
---
I am 100% female. Cannot stress that enough. That said, "Boom! Jecht Shot." -copyright GenesisSaga
#16GenesisSagaPosted 6/9/2010 2:26:37 PM
I forgot to mention that once the battle level changes in each world (this occurs after Kairi is rescued from Hallow Bastion), the exp values change. Most notable:

Armored Torso: 150-->1500 exp
Leon: 400--> 800 exp
Yuffie: 300--> 600 exp
Hercules: 700 -->1000 exp

Note: Though the experience increases, so does the strength, defense, and challenge in general of these opponents! And of course, every enemy in the Hades Cup and all optional Matches can only be accessed after the rescue anyway, so there's never any exp change.
---
I am 100% female. Cannot stress that enough. That said, "Boom! Jecht Shot." -copyright GenesisSaga
#17falconesquePosted 6/10/2010 7:45:31 AM
I've never tried to skip a world (perfectionist), but I always thought the option was there...

Same here, and habit long-since instilled for the extra content, mentioned even though the TC is on Expert. But good point regardless. I stand corrected, thanks.

Personally, even though I prefer Halloween Town's atmosphere...

Too dark for me, walkin' around blind half the time, making leaps by rote. Contrast et al is insufficient, windows all in the wrong angles, nothing helps short of throwing money at the problem.

Wight knights have tagged me numerous times as well, oh yes. Certainly earned their respect, at least until MP climbs high enough for hurling Thunder to do any good. (Currently at end-game, UW + Atlas x3, and life is good. >:j)

this occurs after Kairi is rescued from Hallow Bastion

But even before then, after a certain notorious dragon the save point in Castle Chapel proves an excellent launching pad for completing loads of things before difficulty escalates...and heartless whereabouts change. The white mushrooms in the Red Room all but vanish, for instance, so I go get 'em while I can. Usually this's when I do every Coliseum challenge still outstanding. All while hitting Neverland's Clock Tower, of course, for that too is affected by this milestone.

Well, I tagged someone recently for pedantics, so let me give 'em the op in return. ;j Hollow as in heartless, without a heart, nothing in the middle. Not Hallow as in revered, sanctified, holy. (It's a widespread typo, the only reason I mention it.)

I'd love to hear the story behind the sig change, BTW, offline if you prefer.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King
#18GenesisSagaPosted 6/11/2010 7:34:36 PM
(me) Personally, even though I prefer Halloween Town's atmosphere...

Too dark for me, walkin' around blind half the time, making leaps by rote. Contrast et al is insufficient, windows all in the wrong angles, nothing helps short of throwing money at the problem.

I've never had the aforementioned problems, so I can't imagine those difficulties, but the reason I like Halloween Town's atmosphere is because it's one of my favorite animated Disney movies (not up there with instant classics like The Lion King and Aladdin, but I vastly prefer it to many of Disney's newcomers). I like it (both the KH world, and the movie) specifically for its vast deviation from all the light-hearted Disney movies, but that's just me. I mean, I think it's the only Disney to date that addresses death casually and pokes fun at it- kind of a black comedy (well, not really but you know what I mean).

Well, I tagged someone recently for pedantics, so let me give 'em the op in return. ;j Hollow as in heartless, without a heart, nothing in the middle. Not Hallow as in revered, sanctified, holy. (It's a widespread typo, the only reason I mention it.)
You know, I think I've been spelling it Hallow for years... What's really bad is, I actually know the difference between "hallow" and "hollow", but apparently I haven't been observant enough to notice the world's title... :S

I'd love to hear the story behind the sig change, BTW, offline if you prefer.
Offline/online doesn't matter to me- the sig change isn't private or racy (I'm afraid it isn't that interesting at all). I could tell you here, just give me a little while.

---
#19falconesquePosted 6/12/2010 8:35:53 AM
What's really bad is, I actually know the difference between "hallow" and "hollow"...

Hah, been there, done that m'self. Caught an old typo recently and busted up laughing, it was so obvious. (Next up: Screwdiver versus screwdriver. ;j)

I could tell you here, just give me a little while.

Nah, tha's okay. I've programmed environments with seven or more genders, so it's just a passing curiosity (pun intentional).
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King
#20atakdougPosted 6/19/2010 4:32:35 AM
The only world I've skipped is Halloween Town.

The following won't be relevant for those of you who like to grind levels, but if you're doing the opposite trying to advance while getting as little experience as possible Halloween Town is the best one to skip. The two Oogie Boogie battles aren't difficult but yield a ridiculous amount of experience, plus there are several other large battles that absolutely need to be fought to get there, none of which is any challenge (Lock, Shock, and Barrel should never give a careful player difficulty). Basically, there's lots of experience there but nothing particularly challenging.

By contrast, Atlantica features one of the three hardest battles in the game if you're minimally leveled (Ursula I hard because your magic is so weak and goofy lacks MP gift), another pretty nasty battle for a low-level character (Ursula II hard because there's no terrain to use, and aero doesn't last very long), and not a whole lot of experience to get there (just a couple necessary battles t get the dolphin to appear. You can battle the shark, or not.

Monstro is in the middle in this sense. You don't have to fight any battles except the two against Parasite Cage, so you won't be overleveling. And the second of those battles can be tricky if you're underleveled.