This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which optional sidequest boss is harder? Kurt or Sephiroth?

#1padurruPosted 6/27/2012 6:08:57 PM
That Kurt boss Im talking about looks like across between one of FF7's Knights summon and Weapon
#2silly_sausagePosted 6/27/2012 9:03:45 PM
Kurt is harder for me. But I did really have more trouble with Sephiroth the first time around. The only reason I find him easier than Kurt now is because I fought Sephiroth over and over to grind to level 100, so I basically got used to him.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#3atakdougPosted 6/27/2012 9:19:20 PM(edited)
If you're willing to use tInkerbell against Kurt Zisa, then Sephiroth is far harder.

If you aren't, then Sephiroth is still harder.

Each is a matter of learning to avoid a nasty, difficult-to-avoid attack, but in Sephiroth's case, failure to do so is a game ender, while against Kurt you can recover from quite a few mistakes.
#4timo4142Posted 6/30/2012 6:14:51 PM
padurru posted...
That Kurt boss Im talking about looks like across between one of FF7's Knights summon and Weapon

Sephiroth is very hard EVEN at level 100. You have to have a certain set of requirements and I grabbed this out of my KH1 strategy guide and other videos, but I also used oblivion (for advanced people who can dodge and jump). Here's what I did: First thing is equip the BEST HP AND MP accessories you can get. If you are using the Ultima keyblade this will be to your biggest advantage. Equip guard,SECOND CHANCE, MP Rage, and anything that you can use to extend your combo and such (DON'T FORGET SUPERGLIDE AND ELIXIRS!). Minimum level for him would be 70 but he'd still be harder to defeat. How I defeated him:

At the start of the battle jump AWAY using high jump and attack him until you send him on his knees (He should emit a pillar of flame, stay far away from it and strike raid him in the pillar). When you see the JUDGEMENT message, send it out and repeat this method. (If you are caught in this pillar, use Sonic blade to damage him.). Repeat until he leaps away and taunts you. Once he does, run toward him, and quickly lock on to him and SUPERGLIDE after him. If you fail to do so, he will deplete ALL your MP and leave 1 HP and then attempt to finish you off. It gets harder to strike and attack him because of his constant running and attacking so jump and attack him until the screen darkens. Once it does, either GUARD or use SONIC BLADE to avoid the damage. IF you managed to get to the part where he summons meteors and to where the screen darkens, use a elixir if necessary and cast AEROGA. Dodge the meteors since you can't damage him and SUPERGLIDE quickly to avoid his impact ability. For the rest of this battle, guard and counter his attacks while dodging the orbs that are summoned. Be sure you heal when necessary until he is defeated being VERY careful to make sure that he doesn't execute a flurry of attacks. Repeat this and you're done and you can grab your 18,000 EXP (All versions) and one wing angel keyblade (KH:FM only)
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5SinisterSandmanPosted 6/30/2012 10:22:00 PM
Sephiroth is actually quite flexible when it comes to what sort of attacks you use to counter him... everything you did, I did differently. Ars Arcanum for the Flame Pillar. Stand and take the hit from Descend Heartless Angel and use an Elixir at the exact right moment. Dodging around as opposed to using Aeroga at all.

You get the gist.

Then you think about Kurt, and his pattern. It basically forces you to utilise specific attacks to get the best out of it. Ragnarok for when he falls down, Dodge Roll whilst he's using his rotory attack, magic here and physical attacks there.

This obviously makes Kurt a lot more predictable. But the game won't let you practise against him without losing or having a seperate Save file.

-

It's very up in the air as to which is 'harder', in my opinion.
---
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"
#6timo4142Posted 6/30/2012 11:55:19 PM
SinisterSandman posted...
Sephiroth is actually quite flexible when it comes to what sort of attacks you use to counter him... everything you did, I did differently. Ars Arcanum for the Flame Pillar. Stand and take the hit from Descend Heartless Angel and use an Elixir at the exact right moment. Dodging around as opposed to using Aeroga at all.

You get the gist.

Then you think about Kurt, and his pattern. It basically forces you to utilise specific attacks to get the best out of it. Ragnarok for when he falls down, Dodge Roll whilst he's using his rotory attack, magic here and physical attacks there.

This obviously makes Kurt a lot more predictable. But the game won't let you practise against him without losing or having a seperate Save file.

-

It's very up in the air as to which is 'harder', in my opinion.

I would rather use sonic blade since it would cost 1 MP less than ars arcanum but ars arcanum allows a second combo, and if you perform a second combo after the first one, he will damage you or interrupt the second combo which makes the Finis (which should be spelled Finish) command be unavailable. Now for Ziza, If you use Ragnarok, Charge it to the fullest extent possible and it's a good amount of mana to lose, but you can quickly deplete his HP by a good deal. Ziza can be predicitively easier than sephiroth.
---
#7KathrynsDadPosted 7/1/2012 3:50:37 AM
"Finis" is French for "finish" or "end" and is commonly used in English. I am not convinced this is a misspelling.
#8SinisterSandmanPosted 7/1/2012 7:27:05 AM(edited)
You don't have to carry out every step in the combo for Ars Arcanum, though. You can stop and counter at the point when he always strikes back. As opposed to Sonic Blade which will just position you at a random point in the arena after it's over.

Which actually puts in a good case for Strike Raid instead of either one.

I'm pretty sure 'Finis' is used as a part of the style, as KD says. I think Ars Arcanum itself is just a fancy name for sweeping arc combo, or something. I've never looked into it, but that's my assumption.
---
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"
#9timo4142Posted 7/1/2012 11:53:33 AM
KathrynsDad posted...
"Finis" is French for "finish" or "end" and is commonly used in English. I am not convinced this is a misspelling.

Thanks for telling me that. I never knew it was also a french term for "Finish".
---
#10GlavewurmPosted 7/2/2012 7:25:11 AM
I think Ars Arcanum itself is just a fancy name for sweeping arc combo, or something. I've never looked into it, but that's my assumption.

It's Latin for "Secret/Hidden/etc Art/Technique/etc"
---
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20120528.gif