This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Inner Demon: Random Hallow Bastion Door

#1Metsfan5162Posted 7/6/2012 1:46:28 PM
Ok so I'm a born again KH fan. I played KH when I was younger absolutely loved it, but I remember clearly going into Hallow Bastion excited to finally beat the game but never did. There was a simple yet confusing thing that prevented me from beating it, I got so angry and stopped playing. I actually convinced myself I beat it since I saw the ending videos and didn't start playing KH again until BBS came out and beat that and KH2

ANYWAY, I am now replaying KH to face my inner demon: The door that blocked my progress in Hallow Bastion. All I remember was just this big room and this one door that I couldn't get open for whatever reason. I even had a guidebook and frantically searched and back tracked for answers but never figured out why the door wouldn't open. I'm pretty sure the answer was right under my nose or was supposed to go through a different door but for whatever reason no matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure out what the hell to do because I was so young.

So from my extremely vague description that has no detail at all, does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? I now can look up walkthroughs on youtube or something if I can't figure it out again but I'm actually a little worried that I will somehow get stuck on that stupid part again lol
---
PSN:dVl_05
#2Metsfan5162(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 1:49:04 PM
Metsfan5162 posted...
Ok so I'm a born again KH fan. I played KH when I was younger absolutely loved it, but I remember clearly going into Hallow Bastion excited to finally beat the game but never did. There was a simple yet confusing thing that prevented me from beating it, I got so angry and stopped playing. I actually convinced myself I beat it since I saw the ending videos and didn't start playing KH again until BBS came out and beat that and KH2

ANYWAY, I am now replaying KH to face my inner demon: The door that blocked my progress in Hallow Bastion. All I remember was just this big room and this one door that I couldn't get open for whatever reason. I even had a guidebook and frantically searched and back tracked for answers but never figured out why the door wouldn't open. I'm pretty sure the answer was right under my nose or was supposed to go through a different door but for whatever reason no matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure out what the hell to do because I was so young.

So from my extremely vague description that has no detail at all, does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? I now can look up walkthroughs on youtube or something if I can't figure it out again but I'm actually a little worried that I will somehow get stuck on that stupid part again lol

SPOILER EDIT: I'm pretty sure it was before you fight Riku and lose the keyblade if that aids in helping anyone have an idea of what I'm talking bout haha
---
#3MasterofflysPosted 7/6/2012 3:43:30 PM
*spoilers*

Losing the keyblade is pretty much the first thing that happens in Hollow Bastion, so it will be after that. Following this there's an external door that you have to unlock by completing a puzzle in the underground waterway area. But, since you already know about the Riku fight, I'm assuming you mean the door inside the great hall, at the end of the corridor oposite the door you entered the room through.

To open that door you need to find several pieces of an emblem that fits onto the door like pieces of a puzzle. IIRC, each piece can either be found in that room, or in the library, which can be accessed directly from the great hall. They aren't terribly difficult to find, you just need to explore the room thoroughly. Failing that, consult one of the faqs for further information.

Hope this helps, and good luck with this!
---
"Let them have answers- and let those answers be difficult and complex. such is life." -Altair
#4Metsfan5162(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 4:21:36 PM
Masterofflys posted...
To open that door you need to find several pieces of an emblem that fits onto the door like pieces of a puzzle. IIRC, each piece can either be found in that room, or in the library, which can be accessed directly from the great hall. They aren't terribly difficult to find, you just need to explore the room thoroughly. Failing that, consult one of the faqs for further information.

I think....that may be it....it's slowly coming back to me

Thank you! Has this ever been an issue to anyone else or just me
---
#5MasterofflysPosted 7/6/2012 5:32:06 PM
I have little doubt others have struggled with this. But, once you get your head around it, you'll get it pretty quickly, so don't worry about it. Stick to the main hall and the library while searching for the pieces and you should get them.
---
"Let them have answers- and let those answers be difficult and complex. such is life." -Altair
#6falconesquePosted 7/7/2012 8:37:29 AM
Welcome back to KH. :j You're not that kid anymore, so you should have an enjoyable run ahead of you. I'll second what Masterofflys said, you probably won't have as much of a challenge this time.

If you get turned around in Hollow Bastion again, though, your best bet to avoiding frustration is using ElectroSpecter's walkthrough (here on GameFAQs) to retrace your steps. All of Hollow Bastion presents puzzles, beyond the one that stalled you last time, so that's an excellent walkthrough to download and have at hand.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#7Metsfan5162(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 10:28:13 AM
Thanks for all the friendly responses....the PS3 and KH3D boards are far from friendly this was pretty refreshing

I'm asking if the mods can keep this topic up and not remove it so I can look back onto it when the time comes considering this board isn't too active now a days anyway
---
#8SinisterSandmanPosted 7/11/2012 10:36:01 AM(edited)
The archive system on GameFAQs is pretty good, even if the topic rolls down the board you should still find it easily by searching for 'Inner' or 'Inner Demon', or even simply 'Demon'.

They're pretty rare words in KH topic titles, I'd assume.

-

Hehe, you say this board isn't too active and then get a response within six minutes of your post?

;)
---
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"
#9atakdougPosted 7/11/2012 11:18:50 AM
the PS3 and KH3D boards are far from friendly this was pretty refreshing

Interesting. Fundamentally, shouldn’t it be the same people playing the game? It's not as if people tend to visit the boards of games they don't play, on any system. I believe you, I just wonder why.

I frequent six boards on GameFAQs: KH, KH2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, FFX, and Ace Combat 5. They differ somewhat, but only one of them has appreciable nastiness (and isn't nearly as bad as some games here). Perhaps it's because each is a fairly old game, so they tend to have fans who are older. KH is probably the kindest of those but that may be mostly the tone set by the principal posters.
#10SinisterSandmanPosted 7/11/2012 11:38:42 AM
SinisterSandman frequents Alice: Madness Returns board, which he doesn't even have the console for, but sees your point.

-

And I guess the KH boards are pretty different because of what people prefer. I only follow the KH and KH2 boards, even though I own Re:Coded (never even checked the board there) and Days (same).

Because the games vary so much in style, too, you'll get different types of gamer in each one, I suppose.
---
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"