This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, if they were to make an HD remake of this,

#1Irishninja227Posted 7/15/2012 11:42:33 PM
Would they still be able to have the Tarzan things intact?
#2Roxas_is_Sora_XPosted 7/16/2012 2:37:01 AM
What?
---
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY GAME I AM CREATING "THE GILDED GAUNTLET"!
http://forum.fantasyworldcreations.com/fwc-projects/
#3KathrynsDadPosted 7/16/2012 3:27:21 AM
^ The deal with the Burroughs estate ended.

I'd say yes, because Tarzan is public domain. And this particular expression of Tarzan belongs to Disney.

A'course, the idea of an HD remake is likely far fetched. Nice as it would be, there's just not enough of a market for it.
#4Roxas_is_Sora_XPosted 7/16/2012 6:21:40 AM
Thanks KD, I never knew that. When I say KD, btw, I always pictures Kevin Durant. :D hah!

I think they would too, I mean, they leased the rights to Tarzan (or something) to make the original KH, and theyre just updating it! It's like a music artist makes a song for a certain event and the song is published under his record company which ends its deal with him. But they gave that song to those people, so they could do what they want? Right?

I think I'm missing something doe. My copyright laws aren't polished very well. Correct me if I'm wrong doe!
---
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY GAME I AM CREATING "THE GILDED GAUNTLET"!
http://forum.fantasyworldcreations.com/fwc-projects/
#5falconesquePosted 7/16/2012 6:55:58 AM
You could look it up. :j In this, both trademark and copyright laws are involved, and those laws can be read on the web.

Frankly, though, only those with an intimate knowledge of Disney's contract(s) in this matter are in a position to say what can or cannot be. So far, none have produced reliable sources to support their statements, one way or another.

The Deep Jungle issue has come up time after time after time, BTW. Search topics, please? And make sure the topic's title turns up in such a search. Thanks. Also, if something elsesite prompted the thought, where was it and what was the claim?
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#6Irishninja227(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 3:01:17 PM
Not a market for it!? Do you realize the millions of people that would spend full price for a Kingdom Hearts pack, so long as they were the Final Mixes!?
#7SinisterSandmanPosted 7/16/2012 3:05:30 PM
Irishninja227 posted...
Not a market for it!? Do you realize the millions of people that would spend full price for a Kingdom Hearts pack, so long as they were the Final Mixes!?

KH / KHRECOM / KHII in a pack would do me just fine, as Final Mix'd as possible, if you please. I think you're onto something.
---
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"
#8Irishninja227(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 3:41:35 PM
I'd say just the first, second, and BBS, since those are the only un-English Final Mixes.
#9ThamauturgePosted 7/22/2012 8:36:42 AM
They should really just ask the estate for permission. Can't imagine why they would say no. Its not like Disney doesn't have the money.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: KOTOR, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Stronghold: Crusader