This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Farming for items just before final boss.

#1Warri0r_Drag0nPosted 8/6/2012 2:46:37 AM
Every town I go to now how near enough the same enemies so I can't get the Items I want. I'm trying to farm Blaze gems, Thunder gems and a few others but can't. Is there any way I can fight the original enemies? do I need to go to specific rooms to encounter them?
---
Pokemon Black [Reco]: 0218 7263 2490
[and now the sequence of events, in no particular order.]
#2falconesquePosted 8/6/2012 6:24:39 AM
Sure, there are places to look. Check out WolfKnight's Item Synthesis guide and ElectroSpecter's walkthrough (click FAQs, above). Both are comprehensive in different ways. ElectroSpecter leans towards using Bambi, but you need 12 MP or more to make good use of that advice.

For elemental gems white mushrooms are excellent sources, but you need to "feed" them the exact same spell three times for the best chance.

Be sure to equip every Lucky Strike you can find. If Donald Duck isn't LV55 yet, swap in the local PC instead -- several of them have Lucky Strike (and Jackpot, and Treasure Magnet), but those abilities are not always equipped by default.

BTW, the heartless relocated when your party was automatically ejected from Hollow Bastion.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#3shadowfreak1101Posted 8/6/2012 10:22:32 AM
For the Shards/Gems, I recommend Bambi. Depending on how many enemies appear in an area, as well as a small luck factor for him to drop the item you want (he drops a consumable item 100% of the time, but not always a synthesis item. After 12 enemies, he has a 40% chance to drop a Shard; after 18, it's 60% for a Shard and 30% for a Gem. 24/30/36 on just repeats the 3rd tier over and over. I'm pretty sure Lucky Strike affects these drops as well, so have that equipped on all 3 party members), you can get a good number of synth items from the deer. Thundaga spam with at least 12 MP is ideal fro killing these enemies, so long as they're not Yellow Operas, Wizards, or Angel Stars (Screwdivers and Aquatanks don't count, since you can't summon in Atlantica). However, for non-Lucid Crystals, Gale, and Mystery Goo, you'll have to find those normally. Here's what he gives by world:

Traverse Town - Blaze. Use the Gizmo Shop or Second District.

Wonderland - Frost. The Lotus Forest is your best bet probably.

Deep Jungle - Thunder. I recommend the Cliff and Tree House.

Agrabah - Bright. The Hall and Lamp Chamber are the way to go.

Monstro - Lucid (Shard/Gem). I suggest the Bowels or Stomach here.

Halloween Town - Power. The Manor Ruins are the only way here.

Neverland - Spirit. The Freezer or bust.

Hollow Bastion - Lucid (Gem/Crystal). The Grand Hall is the Best for this.

End of the World - Mythril. There's only one chance to reach the 18 enemies needed for the Tier 3 items here (100% Megalixir, 60% Mythril Shard, 30% Mythril), and that's during the large Heartless ambush the first time you visit the Linked Worlds area. So come in with as much MP as possible (I suggest at least a combined total of 32; Atlas Armlets are a godsend here, put them on everyone as every MP counts for summons. Equip Cheer on everyone as well, equip Sora with Ultima Weapon, Lady Luck, or Spellbinder, Donald with Save the Queen, Dream Rod, or Wizard's Relic, and Goofy with either Save the King or Dream Shield. It also helps that Donald has reached up to level 79, so he has his max normal MP. If you come in with 9 Atlas Armlets, you chose the Rod at the start for 10 MP instead of 8, the best weapons, and Donald has his 10 max, the most you can have is 49 MP; 47 if you chose the Sword or Shield), spam Thundaga on everything that isn't an Angel Star (Use Aeroga and plain aerial combos for these), and hope you can reach 18 enemies before Bambi disappears. If you're fast and have good stats, you can possibly reach the third tier twice before Bambi leaves, getting 2 Mythrils and Megalixirs; try to get that.

Whew, that was a mouthful, but hope this helps some.
---
Things I learned from Earthbound: Toothbrushes blind people, mushrooms are evil, and trees explode when they die.
#4Warri0r_Drag0n(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 12:54:42 PM
Wow Thank you very much, this helps A LOT. I have only synthesised about 21 or 22 out of the 24. Going for the ultima weapon. Your post is very much appreciated.
---
Pokemon Black [Reco]: 0218 7263 2490
[and now the sequence of events, in no particular order.]
#5falconesquePosted 8/7/2012 6:43:24 AM
For a list of the minimum number of items to make one of everything, search the Statistics Guide for "Item Workshop". For more on Bambi, also read Varie's Magic/Summons FAQ, which is the source ElectroSpecter built upon.

The last few items to become available need stuff found in the game's final world, gale materials most prominently. There's a one-time opportunity you can exploit for farming gale items at the end of World Terminus, before moving too deep into the final world. Search the Missable Guide for "gale" for the details, already typed up.

To make good use of Bambi in Second District, get to the roof of the Gizmo Shop and call him there. Bambi can make the jump to the other rooftops, and bound to the walkways below.

In Neverland, Bambi requires you to keep your feet on the deck. No flying, not even down in the deepest holds.

For thunder gems, if you need a Stop Arts item make an extra pass through Atlantica. Great for frost gems, too.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#6Warri0r_Drag0n(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2012 5:40:55 AM
Thanks again for the advice, I'm level 82 now and have synthesized all items including the the ultima weapon today. Though I must say I was very lucky with the mystery goo as I kept running into the rare mushrooms and they kept dropping it 70% of the time at the Deep Jungle in the tree house. When I went there I would encounter the rare mushrooms 8/10. Also I got most of my thunder gems from Atlantica since I never got any at the jungle. I also ran into rare mushrooms a lot of the time there too, inside the Sunken Ship and the Calm depths area.
---
Pokemon Black [Reco]: 0218 7263 2490
[and now the sequence of events, in no particular order.]
#7DSkillzPosted 8/10/2012 2:08:23 AM
shadowfreak1101 posted...

End of the World - Mythril. There's only one chance to reach the 18 enemies needed for the Tier 3 items here (100% Megalixir, 60% Mythril Shard, 30% Mythril), and that's during the large Heartless ambush the first time you visit the Linked Worlds area. So come in with as much MP as possible (I suggest at least a combined total of 32; Atlas Armlets are a godsend here, put them on everyone as every MP counts for summons. Equip Cheer on everyone as well, equip Sora with Ultima Weapon, Lady Luck, or Spellbinder, Donald with Save the Queen, Dream Rod, or Wizard's Relic, and Goofy with either Save the King or Dream Shield. It also helps that Donald has reached up to level 79, so he has his max normal MP. If you come in with 9 Atlas Armlets, you chose the Rod at the start for 10 MP instead of 8, the best weapons, and Donald has his 10 max, the most you can have is 49 MP; 47 if you chose the Sword or Shield), spam Thundaga on everything that isn't an Angel Star (Use Aeroga and plain aerial combos for these), and hope you can reach 18 enemies before Bambi disappears. If you're fast and have good stats, you can possibly reach the third tier twice before Bambi leaves, getting 2 Mythrils and Megalixirs; try to get that.


Very good detail, but there are a couple more things you should know:

-You should also take out the Behemoth that appears in the Linked Worlds room before summoning Bambi, as this particular Behemoth drops no items, therefore eating up a lot of Bambi's summon time for nothing.

-Leave the way you came immediately after Bambi disappears, so you can rinse and repeat (remember to kill the Behemoth before summoning Bambi each time).

-DO NOT take out all of the enemies in that appear in that room unless you're totally done Mythril farming, as they won't appear in the room at nearly the same rate as before, therefore making filling all of Bambi's gauges at EotW impossible for then on out.
---
One shall stand, one shall fall.
#8falconesquePosted 8/10/2012 6:56:01 AM
at the Deep Jungle in the tree house. When I went there I would encounter the [white] mushrooms 8/10.

Wondrous rare when the odds fall so much in your favor, eh? :j I'd waffle over whether to forget about the game clock and leave the game loaded, if I had any farming left. (The sort of thing changes when a game is loaded.)

Glad you got everything done. :j

Very good detail, but there are a couple more things you should know:

Plus one more.

There's a save point not far on the backtrail where your progress can be saved before repeating, the one at the Hundred Acre Wood platform of World Terminus. Just keep going backward, and when out of the cone fly straight up. A very long way up, watch the jet trails, but from dead-center you'll emerge eventually.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank