This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't I use red trinity?

#1ponyseizuresPosted 10/6/2012 5:20:17 AM
I'm at Hollow Bastion and I'm trying to get the last emblem piece from the statue but I can't use the red trinity in front of it for some reason.
I don't get it. I've used red trinities before, and I've definitely locked Deep Jungle and Traverse Town and all that. Do I need Donald and Goofy to do it, because Beast is in my party and I don't know how to reverse that.
---
3DS FC: 4124 4997 6171
Waiting For: Professor Layton MM, Zero's Escape VLR, Paper Mario SS, Luigi's Mansion DM, Animal Crossing JO
#2ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 6:00:03 AM
Bah, figured it out. Just wish I could have Beast in my party again.
---
Waiting For: Professor Layton MM, Zero's Escape VLR, Paper Mario SS, Luigi's Mansion DM, Animal Crossing JO
#3falconesquePosted 10/6/2012 7:24:50 AM
Instead of a "never mind", at a high enough board level you can delete topics you start until there's a second post (even one from you). Click the opening post's "message detail" link to access that and other options.

Also, to help other players who might search topics later, you might as well tell what the problem was. (Presumably you'd actually already released that Emblem Piece item? Maybe just needed to go pick it up?) Thanks. :j

Glad to see you're still giving KH a try.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#4KathrynsDadPosted 10/6/2012 7:57:08 AM
I never worry about it, because the Hollow Bastion staircase is a great place for grinding. I'll take Beast the first few times but after that, at least one with original party members. It's great to hear Worf say "Step ASIDE!" over and over again, though.
#5ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 8:55:24 AM
falconesque posted...
Instead of a "never mind", at a high enough board level you can delete topics you start until there's a second post (even one from you). Click the opening post's "message detail" link to access that and other options.

Also, to help other players who might search topics later, you might as well tell what the problem was. (Presumably you'd actually already released that Emblem Piece item? Maybe just needed to go pick it up?) Thanks. :j

Glad to see you're still giving KH a try.

Welllllllll, I had to leave and come back so Donald would be in my party instead of Beast, then I could use the trinity. But it sucks because I lost Beast and I could really use him right now fighting Dragon Maleficent. I've literally fought this battle fifteen times. And last time I got SO close but then died and have not yet had enough motivation to attempt it again. This game is irritating and I am in no way enjoying it, whatsoever. To tell you the truth, I'm only playing this game for a friend, that way, he'll play a game of my choice for me.
---
#6KathrynsDadPosted 10/6/2012 10:38:41 AM
^ This game is awesome, give it a chance.

You need Beast in your party. I forget if you can back out of the Maleficent fight. If yes, go to the nearest save point and put Beast back in. Hotkey Aero and Cure. Don't bother with potions, you'll never get to use them in time. There's subtle ways to defeat Dragon Maleficent but durned if I can make 'em work. Lock on, smack away, run away to cure, keep Aero up, and Maleficent will fall.
#7ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 12:30:58 PM
KathrynsDad posted...

You need Beast in your party. I forget if you can back out of the Maleficent fight. If yes, go to the nearest save point and put Beast back in. Hotkey Aero and Cure. Don't bother with potions, you'll never get to use them in time. There's subtle ways to defeat Dragon Maleficent but durned if I can make 'em work. Lock on, smack away, run away to cure, keep Aero up, and Maleficent will fall.

Wait, you can switch your party at a Save Point? Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
The reason I don't like this game is probably because I don't even know half the stuff you can do in it. For example, I discovered AP abilities at Monstro when you get high jump. I also didn't find out about interchangable equipment until Agrabah.
---
#8ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:25:57 PM
*sigh*
I get so happy finally beating Dragon Maleficent.
And then I get to the next boss.
Anyway to skip over these cutscenes?
---
#9KathrynsDadPosted 10/6/2012 4:54:00 PM(edited)
Don't worry. I had lost to Ursula about 20 times before I realized you could swap out the keychain for a stronger one.

Next boss, if you haven't tried already, best bet is to dodge roll and parry. Glide around during the dark magic attacks. Push him into a corner and attack relentlessly, then jump out of the way of his attack.

Oh, and there's no way to skip the cutscenes. Sorry. OTOH if you do well, you don't have to see them again!
#10jonnovision1Posted 10/6/2012 11:19:04 PM
KathrynsDad posted...

considering where TC is, a chance was given.

as for the boss you're on, TC, take it slow, dodge his attacks, then attack, either he'll dodge or get hit, if he dodges, you get enough recovery time to try again without health lost, if he's hit, continue the combo until the finisher, then do it again, for his super dash-all-over-the-field attack, just jump and glide, you'll likely not be hit in the time it takes to land and jump -> glide again.

you need to be really cautious, but that's how I did it on my first try.