This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Attempting a Perfect File *possible spoilers*

#1shadowfreak1101Posted 11/7/2012 3:47:34 PM
Yep, I'm trying to go for the ultimate Kingdom Hearts file. It goes far beyond just beating Sephiroth and getting the Ultima Weapon; no, I plan on doing EVERYTHING. Some of the more mundane things include:

- Expert mode, chose Sword, discarded Shield
- defeating 9999 of every Heartless, including the Mushrooms and Behemoth
- opening every last treasure chest
- complete Gummi record
- level 100 for everyone, plus max stats
- 99 of every weapon and accessory (when applicable; can't get 99 of any Keychain or default weapons for instance, but 99 Defenders or 99 Ribbons is possible)
- 99 of every item (includes holding 99 of every "Up" after reaching max stats, trophy items like Pretty Stones and mushroom gifts, also includes every synthesis material)
- no continues

I'm already up to the main portion of this: synthesis farming. Everyone's level 100, all hidden bosses have been defeated, and I already managed to get the Ultima Weapon and max Sora's Defense. But this is just the start of this; I will need tons upon tons of synthesis items (to give an example, the fewest synth items I need are Mythril Shards, and I still need over 300 of those. Bambi is my new best friend here), and it will take a lot of time for this. Wish me luck...

(If I manage to complete this, I'll try to put up video proof. I may even do this for Re: CoM and KH2)
---
Things I learned from Earthbound: Toothbrushes blind people, mushrooms are evil, and trees explode when they die.
#2Chrono_D_NinjaPosted 11/7/2012 5:38:57 PM
Good Luck, my recent playthrough that have taken break from is like yours.
Except I chose Staff+, Sword- started at dawn. (don't think choice should count as down to preference, I like to max out MP.)

Sword gives 7 item slots, gives extra strength boost. (can be synthesized)
Shield gives 8 item slots, gives extra defense boost (can be synthesized)
Staff gives 6 item slots, +2 extra MP that cannot get elsewhere.

I am at bit at end of the world, last room, farming mythrils at present using Bambi first time end of world trick as more than 18 heartless on first time only.

I would like to see the video proof when done. good luck with this as well, I imagine your play time has already stopped counting and maxed out.

As for Kingdom Hearts 2, would be nice to see however that's even more crazy as has a ton more items in that game.

Have you got any other battle report restrictions such as no unnecessary healing items used.

99 of Mystery Mold, a very special good luck with that.
---
Chrono Defying Ninja - www.giantbomb.com/profile/Chrono_Defying_Ninja/
Jesus is LORD.
#3shadowfreak1101(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 10:09:52 PM
Ah, thanks for reminding me; I went for the Night option.

Yeah I used Bambi at the Linked Worlds; got 3 Mythril thanks to him. However, that's only 3 of about 1000 that I need... dang AP Ups.

As for KH2, there are more items, but the items are much easier to get by comparison. Most non-Crystal synth items can just be purchased (outside of Mythril, Orichalcum, Bright, Energy, and Serenity materials), and 7 Lucky abilities compared to 3 makes getting the Crystals much easier as well (so long as the enemy isn't rare. Looking at you, Air Pirate).

As for if I've surpassed the clock, not even close; I'm only 64 hours in, and the clock hasn't changed colors yet. I'm probably gonna finish this whole self-imposed challenge before the clock stops.

And about the 99 Mystery Molds, that was probably the thing that got me thinking about this all to start with. It's hard enough just locating the Black Fungi; them dropping Mystery Mold is only a 3.8% chance as it is, and since finishing them off with a critical is the only way they drop anything, it's very, very luck reliant... only the Wizard's Relic & Defender are what I think would take longer to reach 99.
---
Things I learned from Earthbound: Toothbrushes blind people, mushrooms are evil, and trees explode when they die.
#4Chrono_D_NinjaPosted 11/8/2012 1:19:05 AM(edited)
shadowfreak1101 posted...

Yeah I used Bambi at the Linked Worlds; got 3 Mythril thanks to him. However, that's only 3 of about 1000 that I need... dang AP Ups.

Got quite a number of mythrils from linked worlds so far with bambi going back and forth and i intend on not completing that section until I have enough for all my synthesis needs. Best part about this is you can one zone it.
(Who wants to fight that single behemoth and do a huge loop over and over.)
Fell really sorry for you as I believe from what you have hinted that you have completed end of the world fully and missed this one shot zoning action.

As for if I've surpassed the clock, not even close; I'm only 64 hours in, and the clock hasn't changed colors yet. I'm probably gonna finish this whole self-imposed challenge before the clock stops.

Well, I play really slow, my clock is maxed as frozen after going through all the colour changes. If the clock doesn't stop then I will be really impressed. I think it will though.

As for the black fungi, I have not even got a single mold yet from them.
---
Jesus is LORD.
#5shadowfreak1101(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 1:38:01 AM
I know there's a trick there where the large waves of Heartless continuously appear, but unfortunately, I never knew the method. So yeah, I screwed up there. However, since I had to do the Behemoth method already for Orichalcum, it's no major loss.

The trick for the Fungi comes from quite a number of variables. To get any item from a Black Fungus, the finishing blow must be a critical blow, so naturally you'll want a Keychain that deals crits often and powerfully. Wishing Star, Pumpkinhead, Fairy Harp, Olympia, Divine Rose, Oathkeeper, and Ultima Weapon are your best bets there. Keep in mind that sometimes your party members (Donald with Violetta, Tarzan, Aladdin, Peter Pan, and the Beast) as well as items on the field and even some magic (Gravity), limits (Trinity Limit), and summons (Simba) can deal crits too. Take for instance Moonlight Hill: the pumpkin bombs can cause a critical hit to a Black Fungus. Right now I have only 4 Molds, but I haven't been actively hunting the Fungi yet, so that may change soon.

If you can find describe the method of easy Mythril, I'd love to see what I had to do (for future playthroughs)
---
#6Chrono_D_NinjaPosted 11/8/2012 2:00:29 AM(edited)
Don't have to, credit goes to Falconesque. It is in his missable guide in the FAQ's section.
His guide also covers a couple of very easy to miss chests in wonderland early in game, one shot chests to boot.

With your all chest rule I hope you got the camping set and mega potion chests from the rabbit hole. :)

P.S: when I encounter black fungus at halloween town, I also try to throw the pumpkins at them. I think though I am going to wait until I am done exploiting linked worlds for synth items then use trinity limit trick in linked worlds as has chance on all types on mushroom in there. I have had a mold on previous playthrough's; I will get one again (aiming for 99 like you though).

---
Jesus is LORD.
#7shadowfreak1101(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:44:13 AM
I knew of them; I was in the credits for it (under my real name). I also got all the Gummis from the White Trinities in the worlds, the Giant Crevasse, the numerous ways through the Lift Stop, extinguishing the Olympus braziers.... I've done all of that (this isn't my first time through the game; it's moreso around my 35th, and I've gotten all chests and everything else before, just not 99 of all items, weapons, and accessories)
---
#8falconesquePosted 11/9/2012 8:04:24 AM
shadowfreak1101 posted...

Interesting choice.

dang AP Ups.

Are you synthesizing enough to max "usable" Up item, or also having an inventory of x99 in excess of those needs? Missable Guide's Bonus section includes the max AP needed for the core three to equip every single ability, but not the worldly characters.

And either way, stat maxing is an often-undertaken gaming challenge, one I generally stay far away from, so you may want to keep notes and post numbers to those ends under separate topic, with a search-friendly title.

(so long as the enemy isn't rare. Looking at you, Air Pirate).

Heh, my bane, as well, if I wait for late-game. Best advice is to not wait; get 'em early. (Farming puppy heartless while they're plentiful beneath Olympus rather than when they're few and far between in Port Royal, for example.)

BTW, a "perfect" KH2 file would include maxing all those heartless skills...wouldn't it?

It's hard enough just locating the Black Fungi; them dropping Mystery Mold is only a 3.8% chance as it is, and since finishing them off with a critical is the only way they drop anything, it's very, very luck reliant

Only a little. In the Missable Guide, see the Mushroom Hunting bonus section for two quick 'n dirty methods. Capping molds will still take a while, of course.

Test how well the odds favor you at the start of each session. Third District's passel of defender heartless is a good measure, and gets you a defender shield drop when the odds are on. Two birds, one stone.

On the mythril and orichalcum, farming Final Rest minus one using Trinity Limit is very fast for both of those, though not so well as for gale items. You'll cap off gales many times over before coming close to that mark on the other two. Try employing Trin on the solo repeatable behemoth; never tried it that I can recall, but it's worth a shot and may be faster.

I knew of them; I was in the credits for it (under my real name).

That was you? Thanks again, then. :j

Chrono_D_Ninja posted...
Don't have to, credit goes to Falconesque. It is in his missable guide in the FAQ's section.

Credit goes to DSkillz, who clued us to the method here on the board. I only wrote it up.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#9shadowfreak1101(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 3:08:24 PM
Yeah, I plan on not only stat maxing, but holding 99 Power/Defense/AP Ups as well, which is why I need so many more Mythril/Orichalcum compared to stuff like Bright Shards and Gale. I also don't need to synthesize any of the consumables aside from the initial ones needed for Ultima, as I can just use Bambi and other enemies for those (except for the Cottages; it's much easier to synth them instead of praying for luck on Barrel Spiders).

As for the Fungi, I already knew the Trinity method. I also knew to only equip characters who knew Critical moves (so Aladdin/Beast are good choices for that too; have their Critical Pluses equipped, replace Goofy with them and equipping Donald with Violetta is an ideal setup), and most places that spawn Fungi have a good chance of a drop due to either your party or the environment (minus Linked Worlds).

I've already figured out the Max AP I need for all characters:
Sora: 66 (max is 39 (37 if Rod was dropped), so he needs 27/29 AP Ups)
Donald: 23 (max is 21, so only 2 needed)
Goofy: 31 (max is 27, so he'll need 4)
Tarzan: 22 (initial max is 16, he'll need 6)
Aladdin: 17 (initial is 12, so 5 needed)
Ariel: 25 (initial is 21, so 4 needed)
Jack: 20 (starts with 16, 4 needed)
Peter Pan: 30 (starts with 26, needs 4)
Beast: 18 (starts with 12, needs 6)

Still though... it's gonna take a lot of Mythril, not to mention the amount of Orichalcum I need to max everyone's Strength... the Defense Ups are cake compared to these.

And yes, getting a perfect KH2 file means using 9999 of every Heartless/Nobody Reaction Command as well... again dreading using Air Twister 9999 times (blasted Air Pirates), and this also means nearly 40,000 Bulky Vendors... I may just use the Coliseum for some of these.

Still, I'm getting close on maxing out the first list of synth items, so that's a pretty good start. I still have a lot to go, but I'm making progress, so it's only a matter of time now.
---
#10falconesquePosted 11/10/2012 6:56:59 AM
Um. May I respectfully suggest (re)reading Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time fantasy book series instead? (:j

Best wishes regardless, of course, but I'd wager most others reading this would sooner choose to shovel snow, by hand, from the neighbor's walks...for two blocks around.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank