This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I play the in between games

#1ViolentAbacusPosted 1/16/2013 10:49:34 AM
BEFORE Kingdom Hearts II, or after. I know they're kind of like, weird. o= Also, what order do they come in and what systems do I need? (I basically have them all, except the 3DS which I'm getting this weekend)
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.
#2MrToXiCPosted 1/16/2013 12:38:36 PM
I would if you have a DS. I missed out on the games on handheld and if you can get them, get them.
#3VeraxulousPosted 1/16/2013 6:53:09 PM(edited)
Play Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories (PS2) before playing Kingdom Hearts II.

After Kingdom Hearts II, you can play 358/2 Days for the DS.
After Days, Birth by Sleep for PSP.
After BBS, Dream Drop Distance if you'd like.

Do NOT play Days before KHII.
#4ViolentAbacus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:07:22 PM
Veraxulous posted...
Play Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories (PS2) before playing Kingdom Hearts II.

After Kingdom Hearts II, you can play 358/2 Days for the DS.
After Days, Birth by Sleep for PSP.
After BBS, Dream Drop Distance if you'd like.

Do NOT play Days before KHII.

o= Why not??

And thanks for the answers :D. I only have Birth by sleep and KH 1 atm (haven't played Birthbysleep), and heard the story was reaaaaaaaaaally confusing if you don't play them in the right order, so thanks :D
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.
#5falconesquePosted 1/17/2013 9:39:50 AM
Because the story of each one counts on you knowing what happened in each prior release. Play the series' games in release order your first time through the series, as Veraxulous recommended.

KH-COM was released prior to KH2's story was finished. KH-ReCOM tells the same story but with a very few lines altered to better match KH2, so is generally preferred if it's available to you.

Very frequent question, BTW. Search Topics for "order" for loads of old discussions.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#6shadow chao 10Posted 1/17/2013 11:41:18 AM
You'll probably enjoy KH2 more if you do play Days first, honestly. But this opinion is pretty unpopular among the fanbase for whatever reason.
---
~Space for rent~
#7falconesquePosted 1/17/2013 12:02:56 PM
Playing Days first robs the player of the chance to wonder about KH2's developments on his or her own first. A player has only one chance to enjoy that aspect of playing a series game, after all to think, to ponder, to draw conclusions.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#8SirThinkALotPosted 1/27/2013 3:14:58 AM
shadow chao 10 posted...
You'll probably enjoy KH2 more if you do play Days first, honestly. But this opinion is pretty unpopular among the fanbase for whatever reason.

I'm with you on this one. I never really 'got' the Roxas subplot until I played Days. Personally I recommend this order:

Kingdom Hearts
RE: Chain of Memories
358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts 2
RE: Coded(optional)
Birth By Sleep
Dream Drop Distance
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305