This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am stuck....Please help....?(spoilers)

#1Jimm3rF3rdettePosted 3/17/2013 7:12:09 PM
I am new to this game, its fun, i like it,but the one thing that pisses me off is the fact that the game doesn't really tell you where to go. I have to constantly look up online where to go, but even now, im still stuck.

first went to wonderland, where i fought the cards, and the queen wants me to find alice, and i searched for her, i can not find her, and i heard you don't even need to find her. so i moved on...

next went to tarzan's jungle, and i completed it, fought clayton, and completed that world.

next to the coliseum, where i beat cerberus and cloud. but when i want to continue playing, the little short guy says he needs to clean up and come back later.

so....i had nowhere to go, no new worlds that i can go to, so i went back to traverse town and found leon and aeris, leon gave me some earthshine or something like that, and i had to give it to cid, but cid says he still needs another piece from me, and i have no idea where to get this other piece.

what to do...?
#2KathrynsDadPosted 3/17/2013 7:27:20 PM
First things first, did you lock Deep Jungle? There is a gummi piece there that you need. Go where Kerchak threw you and go in the cave, then up and back.

The early game is a blur to me and there are other people here with far better recollections. They'll be by eventually but I thought I'd try to help you now. If that isn't it, go to electrospectre's FAQ and do a search on "gummi." That should turn up what you need to do.

What you want is to go through the warp point, once you have the gummis in place.

Coliseum opens up after game events. There's four tournaments. You get them essentially when you're powerful enough to compete. The chipmunks will comment when a new tournament opens up.
#3Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 9:30:18 PM
KathrynsDad posted...
First things first, did you lock Deep Jungle? There is a gummi piece there that you need. Go where Kerchak threw you and go in the cave, then up and back.

The early game is a blur to me and there are other people here with far better recollections. They'll be by eventually but I thought I'd try to help you now. If that isn't it, go to electrospectre's FAQ and do a search on "gummi." That should turn up what you need to do.

What you want is to go through the warp point, once you have the gummis in place.

Coliseum opens up after game events. There's four tournaments. You get them essentially when you're powerful enough to compete. The chipmunks will comment when a new tournament opens up.

yes, i already mentioned in the OP that i already beat tarzan's world (deep jungle)

after i beat it, it showed that i had the world locked, i didn't know i had to go back to where kerchak threw me. see, this is what i mean about the game not being clear enough on what you have to do / where you have to go -___-
#4KathrynsDadPosted 3/17/2013 9:54:07 PM(edited)
So, did it work? Beating a world is not the same as locking it. I've missed that gummi piece at least once, maybe twice.

Plenty of us like the feel of KH which requires walking around and talking to non playing characters. It is a true platformer. The later games, you couldn't get lost if you tried.

There is a lot of payoff to this game, although I will grant that it can be frustrating along the way. The frustration is part of the game - the relief later is almost palpable. There's really three "Acts" and not knowing what is next is part of the fun.
#5Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 5:18:16 AM
Haven't tried yet, will try in a few day or so...

Is kh2 the same as this one in terms of the confusion ?
#6KathrynsDadPosted 3/18/2013 5:55:18 AM(edited)
Okay. I thought you needed help right away. Someone will probably be by to help you with better insight in that time.

Modest frustration is part of this game's early part, but if you're very frustrated, try one of the FAQs. Electrospectre's is well respected. Also remember to do as the prompts say. In my first playthrough I was new to RPGs and missed the instruction to swap out the keychain. That would have been obvious to a more experienced player but not me - I had previously played only Spyro games to, you guessed it, make my kid happy. I nearly gave up in some very avoidable frustration. Accessories can make a big difference, and there is always grinding. Early game I tend to grind at Wonderland, in at the Rabbit Hole, kill everything, hit save point to refill, out the door and back in, repeat. Lotus Forest is also a good one, as is Deep Jungle, Tent to Cliffs and back.

The other games are more clear about where to go but also less challenging and less fun. You're a keyblade wielder on rails with no choice about where to go.
#7falconesquePosted 3/18/2013 7:01:02 AM
Hey, your copy arrived. Congrats, Jimm3rF3rdette.

Probably half of the fun in Kingdom Hearts is getting lost and finding your way. Old school RPG stuff. The progression is very much left up to the player to pick and choose however he or she pleases. KH will make allowances for whichever direction you choose, rest assured. There's no wrong choice. Modern games, especially Square Enix stuff of recent vintage, don't trust the player as much, so this can take some adjustment. You're not alone, certainly.

With that said....

In general, talk to your NPCs. They'll give you clues. Look behind you, find what's changed. Listen carefully, for the texts aren't simply idle encouragement. (Like Goofy saying to talk to Leon and Aerith saying to talk to Cid; Leon giving you Earthshine is something else, lateral.)

First off, return to Wonderland. The Journal text saying "Find Alice!" won't change until after the last movement plays out. In Wonderland, the Cheshire Cat tells where to go, "Want to find the shadows? Try turning on the light." And if that rings no bells, then find the cat. Because after defeating the card soldiers, things changed. Explore Lotus Forest's every exit to what's moved where.

Wonderland is both frustrating and a marvel, for having so few zones. BTW, the tree in Lotus Forest, you want the opening facing outward (inaccessible) for this part of the proceedings; the other branch is needed to reach elsewhere.

Why go through all this? Look in Stock, find something called Navi-G Piece. It's description says where it was acquired; Deep Jungle if after Clayton you climbed the waterfalls and locked its keyhole a good example that the victory wasn't the defining moment. Locking Wonderland's keyhole earns you another Navi-G Piece.

But that's not all that's needed to reach other worlds. Where's Cid located? And in Stock, do you have something called Old Book?

No, the remainder of the series takes all exploration out of the games. I can confirm that for KH2 and KH-ReCOM, and what I've read of the others says they're no different.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#8falconesquePosted 3/18/2013 7:07:56 AM
KathrynsDad posted...
First things first, did you lock Deep Jungle?

Can't reach Leon in the waterway without doing so. Red trinity isn't available until then, and Merlin doesn't let you in the other way until later.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#9Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:20:27 AM(edited)
falconesque posted...
Hey, your copy arrived. Congrats, Jimm3rF3rdette.

Probably half of the fun in Kingdom Hearts is getting lost and finding your way. Old school RPG stuff. The progression is very much left up to the player to pick and choose however he or she pleases. KH will make allowances for whichever direction you choose, rest assured. There's no wrong choice. Modern games, especially Square Enix stuff of recent vintage, don't trust the player as much, so this can take some adjustment. You're not alone, certainly.

With that said....

In general, talk to your NPCs. They'll give you clues. Look behind you, find what's changed. Listen carefully, for the texts aren't simply idle encouragement. (Like Goofy saying to talk to Leon and Aerith saying to talk to Cid; Leon giving you Earthshine is something else, lateral.)

First off, return to Wonderland. The Journal text saying "Find Alice!" won't change until after the last movement plays out. In Wonderland, the Cheshire Cat tells where to go, "Want to find the shadows? Try turning on the light." And if that rings no bells, then find the cat. Because after defeating the card soldiers, things changed. Explore Lotus Forest's every exit to what's moved where.

Wonderland is both frustrating and a marvel, for having so few zones. BTW, the tree in Lotus Forest, you want the opening facing outward (inaccessible) for this part of the proceedings; the other branch is needed to reach elsewhere.

Why go through all this? Look in Stock, find something called Navi-G Piece. It's description says where it was acquired; Deep Jungle if after Clayton you climbed the waterfalls and locked its keyhole a good example that the victory wasn't the defining moment. Locking Wonderland's keyhole earns you another Navi-G Piece.

But that's not all that's needed to reach other worlds. Where's Cid located? And in Stock, do you have something called Old Book?

No, the remainder of the series takes all exploration out of the games. I can confirm that for KH2 and KH-ReCOM, and what I've read of the others says they're no different.

In sorry but this all sounds confusing. I'm not new to RPGs , but this one in particular I find frustrating.

I don't even know where the cat is in wonderland, I was roaming the forest for a while and then gave up on finding alive since I heard you don't even need to find her as you'll see her later on in th game ...

I guess it seems as if I need to go back to the jungle to find the missing piece where kerchak threw me...right?

Afterwards , it seems as if CID will give me a book to deliver to someone named Merlin - I don't know where to find him either. I think I read somewhere that he's behind that door with the fire symbol.

Anyways, tldr- haven't locked wonderland since I can't find Alice or the cat, beat deep jungle, coliseum won't let me continue, CID wants another piece from me that I don't know where to find. You guys say that it's in the same place where kerchak threw me, but I remember getting all the treasure up there, I could be wrong though ...
#10shadowfreak1101Posted 3/18/2013 1:38:55 PM(edited)
You haven't beaten Wonderland, so start there. The Cheshire Cat mentioned something about an upside down room accessed from the deserted garden at the far end of the Lotus Forest (a rock was blocking the passage earlier). You're on your own from there, though.

After that, try using your new Red Trinity around Traverse Town. You probably saw a few marks around the place.
---
Things I learned from Earthbound: Toothbrushes blind people, mushrooms are evil, and trees explode when they die.