This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sora, you lazy bum

#1DrFrobPosted 4/3/2013 10:03:39 PM
Well, I just finished my latest playthrough, with the theme being <topic title>. Mainly, that means that Sora tries to do as little as possible in every fight, letting support characters handle as much as possible. Also, he won't go out of his way to grab chests (and certainly won't do any fancy platforming), though he'll open chests that happen to be right next to him. And no Trinities except the absolutely necessary ones (although I admit I couldn't resist picking up that one that disappears after certain events).

One thing I learned from the playthough that I didn't know before is that in most boss fights, Sora has to be the one to land the killing blow. Otherwise, the HP bar will go down to zero, but the boss will just keep fighting until Sora dashes in to hit it once. Also, lock on + triangle was my friend through much of it, which I didn't even know existed before.

I'm sure this can't be a new idea, but anyway... On to KH2 with the same principle...
#2SinisterSandmanPosted 4/4/2013 6:57:38 AM
KH2 has the same feature, with finishing blows required to defeat Bosses.

It even has to be an actual end-of-combo finisher, rather than just a quick hit.

Luck to you, anyway.
---
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"
#3ShuyinOnTheWayPosted 4/4/2013 9:20:00 AM
Or you could try magic :D
---
Official Flying Airship of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
My Level 1 Walkthrough: www.youtube.com/user/ShuYinOnTheWay <--- PSN
#4MasterofflysPosted 4/5/2013 4:38:51 AM
^Yup, I always used thunder to kill off KH2 bosses. The melee combos just got too long...
---
"Let them have answers- and let those answers be difficult and complex. such is life." -Altair
#5falconesquePosted 4/7/2013 7:00:15 AM
DrFrob posted...
Also, lock on + triangle was my friend through much of it, which I didn't even know existed before.

Isn't that the most marvelous feature? Alas, not an option except in the original.

Best wishes with KH2's Customizations. Set them to Sora mode for scads of lumpiness. :j
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#6GlavewurmPosted 4/8/2013 6:27:22 AM
Isn't that the most marvelous feature? Alas, not an option except in the original.

Well, outside of Goofy's Tornado they are pretty much walking Limits in 2, but it would be nice to tell them to get out of the way at times. Especially Xigbar's desperation move.

Also, I hear that ReMIX actually keeps the feature. On Triangle. So, you can use it... if you don't have a Limit pop-up. So weird. They even had a free shoulder button left, from what ReMIX's forum tells me. The other second shoulder is used to switch lock-on targets.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ilv68.gif