This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you beat Sephiroth during your first playthrough?

#1FudgeDuckPosted 4/16/2013 10:25:58 AM
Just curious if I was the only person in the world to start a new file dedicated to crushing him...
---
If Keyblades are so darn special, then why do I constantly find them in the checkout lanes at Walmart?
#2Moomba33Posted 4/16/2013 4:12:42 PM
I know I beat the final boss before I did the optional bosses, but I can't remember if I started a new file or continued with my first one.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#3atakdougPosted 4/17/2013 5:58:01 AM(edited)
I didn't. It was much later, something like a couple of years, when I figured him out.
#4DSkillzPosted 4/17/2013 12:32:03 PM
First playthrough ever? Nope, and just about anyone that says otherwise is lying.

And meh, having a file dedicated strictly to stomping on a boss gets old pretty fast. I do, however, have a file where I can face Sephiroth at EXP level 51.
---
R.I.P., Ms. T
#5WalkThruWallsPosted 4/17/2013 10:43:11 PM
I beat him the first playthrough, just spammed Strike Raid.
I would say that many beat him without starting a new game.
---
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=WalkThruWalls
http://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=54ED951308AE1E63!118
#6MasterofflysPosted 4/19/2013 5:48:26 PM
My first playthrough was nearly a decade ago, so I can't remember whether I beat Sephy at the time. I can tell you that I entered the platinum match, saw who I was about to fight, went "Oh ****!" and promptly got my ass handed to me on my first attempt.

I did beat him at some point, though I never really got the timing for Descend Heartless Angel down. Never been more appreciative of elixers in a square game XD
---
"Let them have answers- and let those answers be difficult and complex. such is life." -Altair
#7itsyourlifePosted 4/24/2013 11:00:42 AM
Yes and no. I didn't start a new game before facing him the first time, but I did wait until I had gotten everything else. And I didn't actually fight Sephy til a month or so later.
---
I awoke one day to find that I had settled down, formed a family. I had even grown quite fond of them. -Vegeta
#8FudgeDuck(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 3:16:59 PM
Ah, so I'm NOT the only one who didn't beat him first time through the game! ...Feeling less like a loser now, thanks haha.
---
Penguins will take over the world! YOU'LL SEE!
#9ChaosBeelzemonPosted 5/2/2013 2:49:13 PM
I beat him on my first playthrough (I finish everything before I even start thinking about replaying a game). No idea what level I was, though.
#10kingcam07Posted 5/4/2013 11:34:13 AM
I was 12 or 13 when I first played it an bad at games, so no. I didn't beat him.
---
psn ID: kingcam07