This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about getting this game. I have questions.

#11atakdougPosted 5/4/2013 11:56:10 AM(edited)
8. What is the maximum level and is there incentive to be max level? Are there optional uber bosses or something?

I'm going to disagree with SS on this one: imo there is no incentive to get to maximum level or anything close to it. The toughest "uber boss" (labeled (3), below, though that's unofficial) can be beaten about as easily at level 75 as at max level you either know how to do it or you don't. Beyond that, grinding is basically pointless for any reasonable player, if you consider only levels though grinding to gather items is another animal entirely (but again, useless in a practical sense as all enemies, including the five (arguably) optional bosses, are defeatable without it).

More on bosses, including optional ones: The final storyline fights tend to be quite easy unless you've consciously avoided gaining experience along the way.

There are five (imo, though definitions vary) optional bosses, which respectively [don't worry, spoiler free]:

(1) is stupidly easy and boring (and some would consider him not really an optional boss at all);
(2) is straightforward once you learn the trick, nasty otherwise;
(3) is ridiculously hard for most players (but as I said above, this is not terribly susceptible to level you either can do it, or you can't);
(4) is quite challenging for most players, and moderately susceptible to level up to a point;
(5) same as 4 (a bit easier imo but others disagree), though in totally different ways.

There are also a few other boss-like fights in tournaments, which are optional but most players will fight them.

All but the one I have labelled (5) can be fought as many times as you like; (5) becomes unavailable after you defeat it once.
#12MikeachuPosted 5/5/2013 12:51:08 PM
FYI, the game is really more of a 3D platformer with RPG combat mechanics mixed in. Super Mario 64 was a big source of inspiration for it's design.
#13falconesquePosted 5/8/2013 7:23:49 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/684080/data

KH HD 1.5 ReMix collection's Release Data page now includes dates on other region releases: September 10, US; 13 September, EU. No news for AU yet.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#14itsyourlifePosted 5/8/2013 11:07:52 AM
Flamechamp2333 posted...
no it doesn't describe the collection. It just tells me the title and NOTHING about the games. I've read that little paragraph 5 times and it doesn't say anything I want to know.

The HD remix comes with Kingdom Hearts Final Mix(extra bosses and scenes. First American release) and Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories(the next game in line, chronologically) in a playable format and compiles all cutscenes from 358/2 Days into what is essentially a video game movie.
---
I awoke one day to find that I had settled down, formed a family. I had even grown quite fond of them. -Vegeta
#15MoooglemanPosted 5/8/2013 2:45:45 PM
How are there 12 towns? Worlds okay but towns theres only traverse town
#16itsyourlifePosted 5/8/2013 3:29:58 PM
Mooogleman posted...
How are there 12 towns? Worlds okay but towns theres only traverse town

Most of the worlds have towns in them
---
I awoke one day to find that I had settled down, formed a family. I had even grown quite fond of them. -Vegeta