This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No Wonder Ice Titan Seemed Hard

#1NINKOjINPosted 9/21/2013 2:07:47 PM
"lol Aero"

I survived surprisingly well, considering I spent around a half hour fighting him the wrong way.

Was cake after I learned the problem though. Herp derp.

Anyone else spam Aero the first time they battled Ice Titan without reading a guide?
---
My other signature is epic.
#2KathrynsDadPosted 9/21/2013 2:56:20 PM
Oh, I wouldn't say I spammed it, more like used it until I died really fast.

I sometimes fight Ice Titan before I get Ultima, but with Ultima it's a cakewalk.
#3SinisterSandmanPosted 9/21/2013 11:12:09 PM
I don't think I ever use Aero. Unless I'm trying to experiment with it, but I still usually give it up by the time Aerora comes along.

It just isn't simple enough to use, to me. Evasive strategy is easier anyway.
---
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"
#4NINKOjIN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 11:43:30 PM
True about evasive maneuvers, and I am usually the same (first time I played through KH I never even knew I had it or what it did), but at the time, this time, I was under-leveled and playing Expert mode, so I used Aero whenever I was trying a new boss fight. Of course that didn't work so well here. Too bad Phil didn't yell at me or something.
---
My other signature is epic.
#5Krazoa2Posted 9/22/2013 1:31:48 AM
The only times I ever used Aero are during big flying boss battles like Ursula's 2nd form. At first I kept trying to hit the icicles back, and then figuring out to use Guard made it so much easier for me. I never had much trouble dodging his attacks though.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#6SinisterSandmanPosted 9/22/2013 11:25:45 AM
NINKOjIN posted...
True about evasive maneuvers, and I am usually the same (first time I played through KH I never even knew I had it or what it did), but at the time, this time, I was under-leveled and playing Expert mode, so I used Aero whenever I was trying a new boss fight. Of course that didn't work so well here. Too bad Phil didn't yell at me or something.

"Get up on the Hydra's back!!

Ohandbytheway-don'tuseAeroversusIceTitan!"

---
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"
#7BongdrePosted 9/25/2013 5:37:26 AM
i spent months trying to beat ice titan using areo back in 2002 wen it was new and after dying over 100 times against him i gave up. then one day my friend wanted to try and beat him, i told him that it was impossible and so it made him want to try more so i let him face it and what do you know he beat him first try cause he never used areo. my jaw hit the ground and was soooo annoyed that he beat him before me lol
---
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts:Re:Chain of Memories
Currently Awaiting: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, Kingdom Hearts 3
#8xXMythieXxPosted 9/26/2013 2:54:29 PM
Wait, what exactly happens if you use Aero against the Ice Titan?
---
Plains of lightning, plains of thunder.
Those who cross are torn asunder.
#9SinisterSandmanPosted 9/26/2013 10:15:25 PM
The ice-shards he sprays at you increase in size and deal more damage instead of less.
---
#10xXMythieXxPosted 9/27/2013 2:50:49 PM
Oh... So that's why I've always had a tough time with him. :(
---
Plains of lightning, plains of thunder.
Those who cross are torn asunder.