VERY annoying error crash at a specific point

#1Sephiroth1288Posted 8/20/2009 5:51:56 AM
*minor spoilers? I guess*

So I just escaped the Leviathan and I get into the turret mini game against the fighters, and after I beat it I get an error message saying "KOTOR has stopped working" and the window closes. This hasn't happened at any other point in the game whatsoever, why at this specific point would it do this? I have done this three times so far and at the same time every time into the victory movie it will crash

tips, anyone?
---
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/7513/wuuut.gif
#2cogadhPosted 8/20/2009 9:21:34 AM
After the mini game, it should load a cutscene, showing the Ebon Hawk escaping. If that isn't loading, then there could be a problem with that particular movie file (I think it is 11b.bik) You could try playing it outside the game (get the Bink player from radgametools.com) to see if there is a problem with it.
#3Sephiroth1288(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2009 3:01:46 PM

After the mini game, it should load a cutscene, showing the Ebon Hawk escaping. If that isn't loading, then there could be a problem with that particular movie file (I think it is 11b.bik) You could try playing it outside the game (get the Bink player from radgametools.com) to see if there is a problem with it.

But I've already done the minigame before...unless the victory cut scene is different after the Leviathan is different than every other victory cut scene I don't think that's the problem, but is it different?

I had a thought though, my destination prior to being abducted by the Leviathan was Dantooine...since after the Leviathan the planet is destroyed, would that have caused the game to crash?
---
If this is the last post in this topic, it's because it said everything that needs to be said and no more posts are necessary.
#4Sephiroth1288(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2009 5:04:31 AM
I don't know what to say, after about ten times yesterday with the same result, I tried it again just now and it worked fine...

how weird. I didn't even do anything this time
---
If this is the last post in this topic, it's because it said everything that needs to be said and no more posts are necessary.
#5fetchystickPosted 8/30/2009 9:59:53 AM
if neither of those work, go to configure, and turn off movies.
---
The funniest thing about this sig is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
#6brassmonkey62Posted 8/30/2009 10:40:44 AM
if still crashing, try doing what they say in this topic, it worked for me.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516675&topic=51058565

---
Space for rent.
#7baly_kingPosted 9/6/2009 7:22:01 AM
Oh, hey, for those of you guys having problems running this game on windows XP, such as frequent and random crashing, i found a really simple solution that so far has had me playing for 3 hours straight.

Simply open the SWkotor.ini in notepad and paste the following under [Graphics Options]:

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

I had exactly the same problem as you. It worked for me.