Bendak Starkiller

#1macdre13Posted 1/14/2010 7:17:15 PM
Any tips on beating Bendak Starkiller?? i've tried atleast 20-30 times already nothing works i try using concussion grenade but most of the time it doesn't affect him
---
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing"
#2EnragedSlithPosted 1/14/2010 8:11:41 PM
He'll throw grenades at you in the beginning (something like 3 or 4), so don't stop running until they're all gone. Then, activate some shields, and either throw a bunch of damaging grenades at him until he drops, or pump yourself full of stims and melee him to death.
#3ChronoReversePosted 1/14/2010 10:49:36 PM
I've beaten him at level 2.

In the garage there's a door that can only be opened by reprogramming a droid to ram it and explode. Behind it is a really tough droid. If you kill it, there's a chest with some nice goodies including a bunch of plasma grenades. This is very useful.

Before talking to the hutt that let's you fight, stim up and activate a shield. This will help your durability a lot. Activate Force Valor if Bastila has it and then talk to the hutt quickly so it doesn't wear off before the fight starts.

When the fight starts, throw a plasma grenade. Not only does it deal good damage (even if Bendak makes his save) but if Bendak fails his save, he'll be stunned for a couple seconds.

Immediately after you take any action, manually make your character run around. Otherwise, you'll get hit by Bendak's grenades (and he also uses plasma grenades) which would be very bad.

By the time you use up your plasma grenades, Bendak should be dead or nearly dead. Be armed with whatever maximizes your hit rate (most likely single pistol or blade) and try to finish Bendak off (using healthkits as necessary).
---
This space for rent.
#4sigma_1932Posted 1/15/2010 5:52:38 AM
Pop an energy shield before talking to the hutt, then run around to avoid the grenades Bendak pitches at you. After he starts shooting at you, pitch Poison/Plasma/Frag grenades at him, popping shields if needed (which yuo probably won't). Don't bother with stims, they don't do anything for grenade chucking, and you should have plenty of them to not have to attack Bendak at all normally.

IIRC, you can find Poison Grenades on the Twi'lek corpse near the Vulkar base entrance in the lower city, and Plasma Grenades can be found in the pool room in the Vulkar base... either repair the T3-droid so it moves down to trigger the gas traps, or save your repair parts and use solo mode to move one of your party members down to do it-- they'll get back up after a few seconds as long as at least one party member is still alive.
---
HA! VICTORY IS MINE!
#5ChronoReversePosted 1/15/2010 12:36:58 PM
Stims do help. Adrenal will increase your reflex so that if you screw up a dodge, you could reduce damage. Also helps you dodge once Bendak runs out of grenades. The CON stim will give you more HP (always good). The STR stim will improve your melee hit and damage (and you have the best chance of hitting Bendak with a single blade melee).

In any case, it doesn't hurt and you'll have some anyway.
---
This space for rent.
#6macdre13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2010 3:58:41 PM
Thanks for the replies i finally beat him now i'm stuck on the sith general guy in the base i enjoy the challenge out of this game though it's not easy
---
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing"
#7sigma_1932Posted 1/15/2010 10:28:49 PM
You'll be complaining that it's too easy after you finish the next planet....
---
HA! VICTORY IS MINE!
#8MBXfilmsPosted 1/18/2010 9:26:32 PM
I just threw frag grenades and ran away right after to dodge his.
---
http://www.mbxfilms.com
#9strebor5575Posted 1/20/2010 12:48:31 PM
You have to have a have a flame sword +2 and make sure you keep casting resta.
#10pyber80Posted 1/20/2010 3:10:33 PM
You have to have a have a flame sword +2 and make sure you keep casting resta.

That one is worth a hearty LOL.

---
Ordo Ab Chao