Does this run on Windows 7?

#1PwnostarPosted 3/6/2011 10:15:00 PM
My GF told me that KOTR was a pretty good series and stuff, but I recently got a Windows 7 laptop.

So will this run as well on 7 as XP, without a huge amount of problems?
---
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
#2megamanxfanaticPosted 3/7/2011 3:19:31 PM
I've only just started the game on a windows 7 machine, and i'm encountering a lot of bugs quite early in the game. I'm gonna look around to see if there's some kind of compatibility patch or something.

The game won't even start without compatibility mode though. It'll read Windows 7 as a <98 OS.
#3slate_juncoPosted 3/7/2011 6:36:53 PM
I've played through the game on Windows 7, but it usually crashed every 40 minutes. Save menu would get a white background and the game would freeze shortly after that. There might have been a fix but I just saved every ten minutes and kept 5 save files. Bought the game off steam.
#4emeraldfusion84Posted 3/11/2011 5:07:35 PM
I'm running it on Windows 7 64 bit and it runs just fine...no crashes or anything.
#5Jspartan117Posted 3/11/2011 8:50:57 PM
There is a fix on the steam forums that works 100% of the time
---
Now Playing: Splinter Cell 1, Conviction, Alan Wake, Bioshock, Pacman CE DX, Dance Central
XB-JSpartan117
#6l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 3/21/2011 12:57:20 PM
What about those of us who bought this game from a store years ago and not from steam?
---
I have claimed Sveta (from Golden: Sun Dark Dawn) as mine, because she is powerful and attractive.
http://titletoolong.blogspot.com/ <<< its my blog
#7l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 3/25/2011 2:14:15 PM
nvm, you just have to run both the setup.exe and the game as an administrator, and both in XP compatibility mode. i think theres a .dll you have to replace as well, but its not hard to find.

only problem now is that it always opens in the lowest resolution, and if i set it to a higher one, the screen goes black and stays that way when i exit the game, unless i switch the resolution back to low before exiting. not a huge problem, but a bit annoying.
---
I have claimed Sveta (from Golden: Sun Dark Dawn) as mine, because she is powerful and attractive.
http://titletoolong.blogspot.com/ <<< its my blog
#8sirnumelPosted 3/26/2011 5:36:13 PM
The problem seems to be less with Windows 7 and more with ATI graphics cards. Many people can run it fine on a Vista or Windows 7 machine, but sadly, I am not one of those people.
---
"Failure is just success rounded down, my friend!" - Dinosaur Comics
#9LaclongquanPosted 3/30/2011 10:55:01 PM
In that case, old chap, I recmmend you try 3D Analyze. google for it. It's an app emulated various kind of graphic cards and mostly used by integrated chipset user, but I think it can work with you.

There's two version you need to try: the latest and ver 226. There's some discrepancy that make some games work with older version but not the newest.
#10EpicKingdom_Posted 3/31/2011 8:49:22 AM
Lame, I am kinda sketchy on buying this now for my PC. (W7)
---
To survive on Gfaqs is to praise what others say.