Does this run on Windows 7?

#11sirnumelPosted 3/31/2011 9:38:51 AM
I'll have to try that. I'll post back when I do and let you know the results.
---
"Failure is just success rounded down, my friend!" - Dinosaur Comics
#12DragonFacedPosted 3/31/2011 4:11:05 PM
Have you tried installing it in a folder besides program files? Thats what I did.

Windows 7 seems to screw with some of my games in one way or another if I let the installation process use the default directory.
---
~Also known as Sir Danny of the douchebag famine kingdom~
#13l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 3/31/2011 9:53:44 PM
i have an ATI mobile radeon HD 4250 on my windows 7 laptop, and it works fine. like i said in my previous post, i just ran both the installer and the game as in XP compatibility mode and as an admin.

however, i made a ROM of my play disc so i didnt have to keep it in the drive all the time (i've had like 6 or 7 discs shatter in various drives, so im a bit wary of them, especially ones like this that are years old) but i cant get the game to recognize it as the play disc, so i have to use the actual one :/
---
I have claimed Sveta (from Golden: Sun Dark Dawn) as mine, because she is powerful and attractive.
http://titletoolong.blogspot.com/ <<< its my blog
#14NOOOOBODYPosted 3/31/2011 11:10:34 PM
My kotor's been running fine on windows 7.
---
"It doesn't matter what cards you're dealt, you'll still come out on top."
#15sirnumelPosted 4/1/2011 8:05:12 AM
I got mine on Steam, though, and have tried the various fixes on the Steam forums. The problem with mine is that, instead of failing to launch, like most Steam user's copies, it will run for 30-40 minutes before crashing. Most of the bug fixes on steampowered are designed to fix failure to start, rather than random crashes. Typically it crashes when I'm doing something like combat or dialogue, but it has crashed a couple of times as I was wandering about on the map.

I've tried running the game in compatibility mode with XP, I've tried numerous fixes found on the Steam forums, but none of them seem to work. The only lead I haven't followed up on is the one detailed by Laclongquan above.
---
"Failure is just success rounded down, my friend!" - Dinosaur Comics
#16IkariU2Posted 4/5/2011 8:10:00 PM
sirnumel:

I had the random crashes as well. Have not had them since I installed the .dll from this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

Hope this helps you as well :)
---
"Problem? You want to elaborate on that for me?" -Jericho, Driv3r
#17SragentThomPosted 4/9/2011 12:57:43 PM
Just switch to windows 7. I wonder If it'll still lag in the latter portion of the game. I could barely play it with it being a slide show. But is this problem more to do with the Graphics card?
---
Halo fans are like the Zerg. They'll attack in infinite numbers, and will attack anything that is not their own kind.
"Sherardy"
#18SragentThomPosted 4/9/2011 3:06:17 PM(edited)
This game doesn't seem to be working at all(like many other older window XP games on 7). This is even worse! I guess I'll just re-buy my Xbox so I can finally play Thief 3 and this game again.

"but sadly, I am not one of those people."

It seems it could be the operating system(especially if you have 64-bit). Just upgraded the OS with the same hardware from Vista and this game stop working with me even with the patches and the dll fix.
---
Halo fans are like the Zerg. They'll attack in infinite numbers, and will attack anything that is not their own kind.
"Sherardy"
#19don_starlancerPosted 4/10/2011 5:40:48 AM
I'm actually playing through it now on Windows 7 with no real problems. Its the Star Wars Best of PC Edition though. Not sure if that makes much of a difference,
---
Wii number
6500 9324 4020 2760