Gold sith armor?

#1Bridge_HansonPosted 7/7/2012 3:57:22 PM
I just bought KotOR off of Steam. Haven't played it since it came out. I distinctly remember the sith soldiers having white armor (kind of like Stormtroopers) in the game, but playing it now I'm seeing them all wearing golden armor.

It doesn't look like a missing texture kind of thing. Did they patch the game or something to change the armor color?
---
~Uniting The World: One Bridge At A Time~
*insert pop-culture reference here*
#2MadJak91Posted 7/8/2012 4:53:11 AM
Hm, I know they wear shiny silver armour and elites wear red armour.
I think on lower detail settings the silver one turns to semi-white.

I do not remember the soldiers wearing gold armour. Do you have a screenshot?
---
Gaming paradox - The lower the score the better the game
#3jletterPosted 7/8/2012 7:49:02 PM(edited)
Yeah, I can't think of them in gold armor ever.

Their armor is a metallic shade, along the lines of a silver, but it certainly isn't stormtrooper bleached white...Actually, I just google'd "kotor sith tropper" and I see what you're probably seeing.

For screenshots:
Here are the normal looking red and silver troopers:
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/14/SithTroopers.jpg

And I'm guessing you're seeing something like this, and if so, that's just effects from the lighting (remember, this game is rather old, so the lighting isn't the greatest):
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/45/SithTroopDiscuss.jpg
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where everyone is wrong about everything. If it's advice, opinion, or even a general statement, it will be debated here.
#4Bridge_Hanson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 10:37:36 PM
My old computer from back in the day was a piece of s***, so I think that's why I remember the armor being white (since I had to have all the graphics set to the lowest settings). They certainly weren't shiny like they are now.

That second picture is exactly what they look like! Bronze/gold, but they're like that in every area I go in, not just dark areas (if you meant the lighting in those areas). And they were gold during the scene in that first screenshot you posted on my game.
---
#5MadJak91Posted 7/9/2012 5:35:52 AM
Yup, I also get "gold" armours when the soldiers stand in a room with different lighting.
I thought that perhaps the TC sees them like that all the time so I was not sure. It seems he does.

Well, even armour factory can produce defect equipment once in a while :)
---
Gaming paradox - The lower the score the better the game
#6Bridge_Hanson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 10:42:02 AM
lol. I'm not really complaining that the factory had a mix-up: they look pretty bad-ass in gold. XD
---
#7moonrazkPosted 7/14/2012 11:07:31 PM
I wish we could keep that Sith armor... and get one of the red ones. They're pretty cool.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/moonra-zk
"Gordon Freeman can cure cancer by performing a dance number/ultimate Frisbee game with Link." - i_m_me
#8wesker741Posted 7/15/2012 10:46:24 AM
moonrazk posted...
I wish we could keep that Sith armor... and get one of the red ones. They're pretty cool.

There's a glitch where if you put the Sith armor on Carth and make him stay back at the hideout BEFORE you give it to the Bek guy, (forgot his name), it still counts and you get to keep the armor too.
---
Not changing this sig until Barry Burton is a main character in a canon RE game: Started 3/5/2012