Just Picked this up again

#1The Sword 88Posted 5/30/2009 11:12:45 PM
I played this years ago when it first came out and yesterday after work I went by gamestop and picked this up, I had forgotten how great this game was!
---
E8500, GTX 285, 8 GB OCZ Gold 1066, Vista Ultimate x64
Gamertag:TheRoyalKnight
#2VermineaterPosted 6/7/2009 7:23:29 AM
It is great, and luckily it's working on my PS2 (Only this and Armored Core work. D:)

I love watching my brother play/flip out.
---
VE : RB2 Wii - Mudkip of The Young Republic
GameFAQs is the curse that turns my life into e-life.
#3Strike AlphaPosted 6/12/2009 1:10:46 PM
Yeah, Zeonic Front is a toughie. I've also started playing it again and one thing that's become obvious is that when it comes to Zeonic Front, I'm still a tad rusty as I haven't played it in years. XD
---
Head over to www.solaris7.com for all that is Battletech/Mechwarrior
I just realized all my PS:P characters are CASTs. o.O
#4The Sword 88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2009 9:25:45 PM
So true, I still can't beat Lone Wolf 2 and can't get S's on about half the 1st play through, the 2nd is easy with the three Doms IMO
---
#5Strike AlphaPosted 6/16/2009 5:54:57 AM
It's just amazing how the Doms change everything, especially with their not having to crouch to fire any Bazooka-based weapons unlike the Zaku I and Zaku II.

Still wish the Gouf Custom's Shield-mounted Gatling Gun were usable even though to this very day, I still cannot figure out why they'd only show it in the opening vid and not in the actual game. I will say that the 35mm forearm-mounted Gatling Pack makes for a fun ambush weapon due to the way it's used--I can't imagine having to use that in a stand-up fight. (and besides, the more blue kills the better, right?)
---
#6The Sword 88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2009 8:57:29 PM
I too would have liked the custom's gatling gun the shield and teh game is all about blue kills, just another perk of the doms with the spray beams.
---
#7Strike AlphaPosted 6/22/2009 6:25:01 AM
Yup. Best way I can describe blue kills is that if you can't get all blue kills in Simulation Mission 01, then...well, I guess that's where we turn the mike over Kycilia Zabi.

random nab: *Somehow manages to get a Rank C on Simulation Mission 01*

Kycilia: Meh. Not bad. *Silence* But also not good. *Goes VERY out-of-character* This is where I'd normally berate you but instead I'm going to make fun of you while acting out-of-character: How did you graduate from pilot school? As if Ensign Hepner didn't have much more to angst about with one kid graduating from the academy too early-- *Continues her highly out-of-character insult charade*

random nab: Waaaaaaaah! *Runs off crying*

Back to the Shield-mounted Gatling, I guess that it could be used as a longer-range version of what the 35mm Triple Gatling Pack is now, but at the same time if the Shield-mounted Gatling were in, then they'd probably have to change up the 35mm Triple Gat such that you'd be able to move and fire it at the same time just to distinguish between the two weapons performance-wise.
---
#8The Sword 88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2009 9:44:57 PM
that makes sense and I'd like to be able to move and shoot with the gattling
---
#9Strike AlphaPosted 6/23/2009 5:48:39 AM
Yup. Of course without the Shield-mounted 75mm Gatling Cannon for the Gouf Custom outside of the opening vid, I guess you could say every other MS is rendered moot once the Doms come in. Jet Stream Attack, anyone? XD
---
#10The Sword 88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2009 9:34:36 PM
true, true, it's too bad that only three pilots got doms and that they were so much better than any other suit, makes round two a little less varied
---