Can't beat Proto Dora

#1blue_manPosted 9/25/2012 3:05:56 PM
When it gets to 5000 hp, even with 3 boosts on each character I am unable to inflict enough damage to kill it berfore it gets the chance to heal itself again.

Annoyingly the only character who can do any damage is Jr with Moonlit Serenade doing somewhere between 400-500 hp, and kosmos using R-Drill doing 100hp damage if I'm lucky. However the enemy seems to be able to boost over any boost that I implement. Any suggestions on how to inflict more damage?
---
Currently Playing: Xenosaga Episode 1 (PS2) Yakuza (PS2)
#2B KPosted 9/25/2012 3:45:02 PM
You have to destroy its shield. Either slashing or piercing type attacks with weaken and eventually destroy the shield and let you do more damage. I'm not really sure which it is. I haven't played the game in years.
#3VilurumPosted 9/25/2012 9:01:23 PM
Helpful things to know:

- Its EDEF is much weaker than its VIT, so physical attacks will do considerably less damage than ether-based attacks, all else being equal.

- Element-wise, it has a weakness to beam, but starts out by putting up a beam shield which severely neuters beam damage unless and until you break that shield.

- Otherwise, it's neutral to all elements, so try ether-based attacks that aren't beam. Unfortunately, this does let out most of them, since an awful lot of ether attacks in this game are beam-elemental.

Techs worth considering if you don't plan to break the shield (non-beam ether damage):

MOMO's Floral Tempest
MOMO's Meteor Storm
MOMO's Angel Arrow
Ziggy's Lightning Fist
Ziggy's Meteor Shot
Ziggy's Executioner
chaos's Lunar Seal
chaos's Angel Blow
chaos's Chained Blast
chaos's Arctic Blast
Jr.'s Moonlit Serenade
Jr.'s Mystic Nocturne
Jr.'s Soul Rhapsody

In addition, the T and TT regular attacks from all characters except Jr. (his are physical) and KOS-MOS (hers are beam) count as non-beam ether damage.

Go by whichever characters have the best EATK and (if you've been spending tech points on tech levels rather than stats) tech levels in one of the above techs.

Alternatively, break the shield. I suggest R-BLADE for this purpose. If you do this, then pile on the beam damage, because once the shield's out of the way Proto Dora is weak to beam and it'll be extra powerful. Shion and KOS-MOS become good choices at that point.
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#4blue_man(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 2:42:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5blue_man(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 4:55:25 AM
Beat it now.

All that's left is Albedo and Sophie , not sure how hard this will be without Erde Kaiser.
---
#6blue_man(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 6:29:36 AM
Nice, beat the last boss first time :)
---
#7Wolfwood824Posted 9/27/2012 10:11:25 PM
B K posted...
You have to destroy its shield. Either slashing or piercing type attacks with weaken and eventually destroy the shield and let you do more damage. I'm not really sure which it is. I haven't played the game in years.

It's slash.

More specifically: any slash-type attack will reduce the shield by 25% with each hit.
---
Game Guides 'N Stuff
http://www.youtube.com/Wolfwood824